Border Collie gone too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Border Collie gone too soon

We have always had Border Collies growing up and got my grandsons a red female about 7 years ago. She has been a great companion for those boys. Last year our daughter’s border collie had a litter of puppies, many of which went out to great homes in the TBH brotherhood. We took a male and my wife had to name him Rip, she said it wasn’t after the Yellowstone character, HaHa. The whole litter proved to be awesome pups as I’ve stayed in contact with many of those that got puppies. One of which is an agility and dock diving dog.
    Rip came to be my wife’s baby. She taught him tricks and just spent lots of time with him and many road trips together. He loved to play ball, get on trampoline with grandsons, and play.
    Thanksgiving day, Rip was hit by a motorist coming back across the road from checking out a dead pig. Our whole family was at my moms and we had lost track of him and he did what dogs do. He didn’t chase vehicles as I seen him watch them pass by and never hinted and getting after them. I’m blaming nobody but myself as I should have kept a closer watch on him, he didn’t know any better.
    Where I’m getting to is, we will want another one. Not now, and prolly not in the next few months. The hurt and loss we are feeling can’t be fixed except by time. Once that time passes and we are ready for another Border Collie, I’ll be reaching out in hopes of someone knowing who may have some. He truly was part of our family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience, all Border Collies go to soon. Condolences.

Comment

Awful feeling!

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Great breed.

Comment

I hate too hear that. Love me some good dogs. My condolences.

Comment

That’s tough sir. For dog people losing one is a very difficult time. Prayers for you guys, it does quit hurting with time.

Comment

So sad.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

So sorry for your loss sir.

Comment

Had to put our border collie down 2 months ago. So smart. So loving.

I know your pain.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. But it’s not just Border Collies. Doesn’t matter if it’s 7 or 17 years, losing a companion is terribly tough.

Comment

Border collies are the best dogs and I’ll fight anyone that says otherwise.

I had a catahoula/collie that had the collie mindset and also liked to hunt. One of the best dogs I’ve been around. Sadly, he met the same fate. I feel your pain.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Comment

Sorry for your family Sir.

Comment

Really sorry to hear

Comment

Working...
                              X