Looks good but I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
      it’s the coot of swine.
      fify :d

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
        The horror stories you've heard were either from folks trying to cook up an old boar or from ones who didn't clean it carefully.
        i guess, growing up down in Duval county, we was used to them, never remember a god awful smell, that some talk about, of course with any animal if one was shot and took time to die, of course it releases the smell, but never made for bad Tamales or Guiso

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Lol. Yes that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Hahahhahahaha

Comment

I like em, make good tamales.

Comment

I'm so glad you posted this. I've always wanted to shoot a javi but all of my friends said not to eat it. Of course, these are the same friends who refused to eat a jackrabbit until I coaxed them into one bite of my Merlot rabbit stew. Now they are all wanting jackrabbits to eat.

Comment

We made some the other night using the backstrap in a wok over mesquite coals, mixed with bell peppers, onions, jalapeno. It was actually great, but I still "knew" what I was eating.

Comment

Javelina is amazing meat, and very versatile! Take care of the animal while processing, and you'll be rewarded with some light, tender, flavorful protein.

One of my favorite recipes is to slow cook it with Dr Pepper, apples, and onions. You can make tacos, sandwiches, or stuff it into a baked potato!

We've cooked javelina during some larger javelina-specific hunts and offered it up to the crowd. Folks were surprised how good it is. I've always been amazed how many hunters won't eat what they're targeting. Never hurts to try it.

Comment

I've had tamales and they were great.

Comment

I guy I hunt with shot one and cooked it up. It was so good. I see on my cameras but only had 3 come in when I was hunting and I missed my shot.

Comment

that looks great! I made breakfast sausage out of 2 I killed last year. It turned out better than the breakfast sausage I made from hog/venison

Comment

We butcher a couple every year and I agree pull the gland with the hide. No need to cut around it, it will peel with the hide. Wash up and debone while on the rack. We made jerky and it was decent. Best way to cook is roasting slow or in a crock pot. Like most said, tamales are the best way with a little oil so they are not too dry.

Comment

Probably one of the best animals to do whole on a pit low and slow!!

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                                I've had tamales and they were great.
                                Same

Comment

Working...
                                X