Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm too close to retirement, but I need to find another line of work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm too close to retirement, but I need to find another line of work...

bout had all i can take of disrespectful little punks thinking they can do/say anything they want without repercussions in school...bout ready to pull a Will Smith and slap the taste out of a couple of em!ha

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the strength not to choke the living **** out of some of these kids that so desperately deserve it

Yep it's pretty bad. My wife is a teacher and so are a lot of our friends. There are lots of good teachers leaving the profession because of this.

Comment

I sure a hell couldnt do your job but you cant let the turds ruin your future. If they dont care try to care less than they do. If their parents dont care dont give a second of time thinking about how to reach them. Buy that time while looking for a better spot to finish up that career and best of luck

Comment

Not sure what grade you are teaching and I am sure it is bad across the board but I could not imagine having to deal with highschool kids these days. My wife is elementary principle and has had some stories so far this year that are hard to believe. She's been bit and kicked and that was done by a little girl. I know there are a lot of good kids out there but man, the future is looking pretty rough. Good luck dealing with what you're dealing with.

Comment

Wife worked at an ISD over 15 years ago. It was something else back then, can’t imagine what it’s like now

How many years till your eligible?

Comment

I honestly don't see how y'all do it. God Bless every one of you. Main reason my step-mom retired when she did was the parents....sad for sure. Hang in there amigo!

Comment

I'm thankful for teachers. I don't know how they did it 40 years ago, much less today. I couldn't do it, but I'm sure glad some folks can.

Comment

Sent you a PM

TD

Comment

Can you not write them up anymore?

Comment

my bride has 3 years before retirement...not sure she will make it.

Comment

I'm lucky, hit my 80 and I'm done in 38 days. Now I have to figure out my second career. Good luck with the rest of the spring semester!

Comment

My daughter in law teaches at a charter school in La..

If those kids act up they get the boot back to a regular public school. That principal does not bs around.

Comment

Same here my wife is a teacher. Between irresponsible parents, offspring of the irresponsible parents, politics, & expectations from admin….about ready to choke me at home sometimes

Comment

I feel for you. I do not know how you do it! I would end up fired or in jail. God give him patience!

Comment

I feel for ya. Alot of good teachers over the last 5-10 yrs cashed in, hung it up or moved on. I dont know if we will be able to pay teachers enough before long.

Comment

Working...
                              X