Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Axis

Hello all!

I've done a lot of research along with searching this forum and others so I'd rather not get flamed for wanting to start a thread of my own. That said I am looking for a solo (as of now) 32"+ axis crossbow hunt around June. Exact dates don't matter as I am 100% flexible. Just want highest odds of hard antlers. What I do not care about is luxury accommodations, amenities, bass fishing, pool, paddleboarding, etc (I've been in touch with outfitters already). I want to kill an axis buck. Also don't care high or low fence because I understand them. Something like 3 days, 2 nights. I plan to fly in and drive home (South Jersey) for now but would much rather have the meat freighted back so I can fly but obviously that will depend on quantity and location in relation to a processor and if they can handle that. Also no kill, no fee. Hoping for unbiased recommendations from experience but outfitters please fire away too!

POI:

-Archery/crossbow
    -32"+
    -No kill. No fee?
    -Doe option, separate or included?
    -Hogs?
    -Transportation from and to closest airport

Good luck with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

H4 ranch in Rocksprings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You want transportation, lodging, but you don’t want to pay anything if you don’t shoot a buck? That ain’t happening

Comment

Aqua vida

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            H4 ranch in Rocksprings.

This ^^^^

Comment

First of all "No kill No Fee?" has a question mark because yes places operate where you pay for meals and lodging but do not pay the trophy fee if a shot doesn't present itself. Also some take what you pay for the meals, lodging, guide off the trophy fee if there is success. Some you pay the all inclusive no matter what. Some include transportation and some at an extra fee.. Again a question not a demand anyway because I want to know before paying which is why I ask any questions on a forum..If you don't have anything of value to add then why take any time to post? Rhetorical question.

Thank you everyone on the suggestion of H4 and Aqua Vida. They are both on my list and I've heard really great things!
              Last edited by Gooden123; 12-09-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Ox ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Gooden123 View Post
                  First of all "No kill No Fee?" has a question mark because yes places operate where you pay for meals and lodging but do not pay the trophy fee if a shot doesn't present itself. Also some take what you pay for the meals, lodging, guide off the trophy fee if there is success. Some you pay the all inclusive no matter what. Some include transportation and some at an extra fee.. Again a question not a demand anyway because I want to know before paying which is why I ask any questions on a forum..If you don't have anything of value to add then why take any time to post? Rhetorical question.

Thank you everyone on the suggestion of H4 and Aqua Vida. They are both on my list and I've heard really great things!

Thanks for clarifying. There been some good hunts lately at H4. I’d also recommend Diamond C. Myself and several other TBH’ers have had success there. It’s a great place with awesome lodging. You will see lots of animals. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Antlercollecter. Sorry if I sounded like an a-hole but you know how it can go on all forums I'm sure. I know I bookmarked Diamond C but I'll take a closer look for sure! I've never done a Texas hunt period let alone Axis so it's pretty overwhelming wading through the many outfitters and options. Just having you guys input to narrow the scope down to handful is so appreciated! For H4, is that Dean? I heard he wasn't doing hunts currently or that it's been sold. Maybe both. Or am I confused with T4? I'm not near my home computer all day which has the info I've saved. Thanks again!

Comment

H4 Ranch

For visitors looking for an authentic hunting experience in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, look no further than The H4 Hunting Ranch. Our expansive ranch can be found just 5 miles north of Highway 41 on Highway 377 in the city of Rocksprings, Texas. H4 Hunting Ranch spans 650 acres of prime Hill Country real […]

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                        H4 ranch in Rocksprings.

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                        H4 Ranch

For visitors looking for an authentic hunting experience in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, look no further than The H4 Hunting Ranch. Our expansive ranch can be found just 5 miles north of Highway 41 on Highway 377 in the city of Rocksprings, Texas. H4 Hunting Ranch spans 650 acres of prime Hill Country real […]

3rd vote for the H4 Ranch. I would
                        Contact them directly regarding fees if you don’t kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I talked to Jason on the phone at H4 and hands down no question that's where I'm going. Just seems like a great dude and flexible, his pricing is awesome. All I can say for now for anyone that may search the forum like I did and also thank you all for making an easy decision for me

Comment

Working...
                          X