More .44 mag cast bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More .44 mag cast bullets

.44 mag is super fun to cast for. I’ve been on a .44 mag reloading kick lately.

260 gr HP powder coated in purple and clear gloss from Eastwood powders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking pills.
    Are you live testing on critters or paper? What are you shooting them out of?

Sold my pistol last year but still slinging lead out of a lever gun. They sure do knock the heck out of pigs when they hit.

Comment

I use very few gas checks anymore on .44 bullets. Powder coating has negated the need for them on most pistol bullets. And powder coat keeps both auto pistols and revolvers MUCH cleaner. I wish I had more molds that were non gascheck.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        Good looking pills.
        Are you live testing on critters or paper? What are you shooting them out of?

Sold my pistol last year but still slinging lead out of a lever gun. They sure do knock the heck out of pigs when they hit.

9.5” SRH. Haven’t killed anything with this bullet yet. I loaded these mild.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          9.5” SRH. Haven’t killed anything with this bullet yet. I loaded these mild.

Mild is all it takes!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

Mild is all it takes!

I’ve got these loaded with full house loads of blue dot and H110.
            This batch is 9.5 grs of Unique.

Comment

I like them gas checked boolits. I used to buy some similar from LeadHead Bullets for my 41 Rem Mag handloads in 270gr LBT style. I bought them in 500 ct boxes before the owner up and died. Both my Pig pistols shoot the 270's better than the 250 and 265 gr. Never tried anything lighter.

Comment

I run 19.5grs of H110 behind the 270gr leadheads in the .41Mag . Makes a real Loudenboomer and if your close enough it just burns the hair off so you don't have to skin em

Comment

You should drop about 20-21 grs of H110 or W296 and magnum primers under some them bad boys and go choot a pig. Watch it lift him off his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    You should drop about 20-21 grs of H110 or W296 and magnum primers under some them bad boys and go choot a pig. Watch it lift him off his feet.

I sure did. Those where the first batches I cast and loaded when I bought that mold a few years back. In contrast, I load 50 grs of H110 in my .500.

I also like that Lee 310 RN mold. Funny, my Red Hawk didn’t like 240 gr XTP’s that I loaded but loved the 300 gr XTP’s.

My Super Red Hawk will shoot **** near anything I put through it.

A while back, I did an experiment with this bullet: one sized and lubed and the other pc.

The lubed bullet was slightly more accurate (only at 30 yards), but the pc bullets where slightly faster. By no means a scientific test.

Comment

Them's almost TCU colors!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                        I’ve got these loaded with full house loads of blue dot and H110.
                        This batch is 9.5 grs of Unique.

My 240gr cast load is 9.5gr of Universal and shoots great! Going to hopefully test it out on an Axis in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                        X