Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-12-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Default Best headphones

I accidently washed my old faithful apple headphones that come with your iPhone, and I'm needing some new ones. I want some good ones this time. Noise canceling, Bluetooth or not I don't really care. I will use them when mowing, weed eating, on the tractor, running, and working out. I'd rather something noise canceling so that I don't have to blow my ear drums out to hear it above the lawn mower. I know there are some people on here who have done the research and spent the money so I don't have to! lol
breederbuck33 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
Zjesse22
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

My AirPods are good for normal all around stuff but when I’m traveling on plane I use my studio beats eventually I want Bose but for the moment I am more than happy with my choices
Zjesse22 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Mpow flames are inexpensive and will do what you need

That is what I use to mow, cut firewood or anything else where I want to listen to something while I work
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
HoneyBee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The River/Lake

Had some Bose and they weren't that great, after a year they really wouldn't hold a charge for long. Bought the AirPod pro's and like the fact I can use one or both ear pieces and it doesn't have to be a specific side that I use.
HoneyBee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
EarleyBird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home

I bought some no-name brand from Walmart about 5 years ago, for $10, and they are awesome.
EarleyBird is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
Muskles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

I have a pair of wired and a pair of Bluetooth Skull Candy headphones. The Bluetooth ones seem to cancel noise better, but the volume doesn't seem to be as high. I like them both.
Muskles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #7
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

If they are standard wired AirPods, they will likely still work after being washed. Mine get washed about every 2 weeks and they have never failed.

But I recently got a pair of Axil G2’s and they are freaking awesome. Bluetooth with microphone and noice reducing. They are approved for shooting, that’s actually how they are marketed. I ran over my pair last week with my wife’s expedition and they still work

https://buyaxil.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3...MaAlVJEALw_wcB
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:43 PM   #8
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
If they are standard wired AirPods, they will likely still work after being washed. Mine get washed about every 2 weeks and they have never failed.

But I recently got a pair of Axil G2ís and they are freaking awesome. Bluetooth with microphone and noice reducing. They are approved for shooting, thatís actually how they are marketed. I ran over my pair last week with my wifeís expedition and they still work

These have been washed several times.. lol This time, they were washed and set in the washer for an hour or so, then were dried so they're toast.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #9
snappertapper
Ten Point

I use raycon everdays at the office and sennheiser cx400bt at home. Both work great for me and I never have issues with them falling out while doing yard work or hitting the driving range.
snappertapper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:47 PM   #10
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

I have AirPods Pro, Axil and Elgin.
For what you want them for the Axils are my choice. They stay put more reliably since they have an over-ear hook and wires. After hours of sweating my AirPods can get a little loose in the saddle.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #11
TexasBlazer72
Eight Point

Hunt In: Looking

Jabra earbuds is what I like to use. Check the boxes you are looking for and have been solid.
TexasBlazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 01:00 PM   #12
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Well I looked at the Axil website, and they had a deal going on. I got 2 for the price of 1, so I figured what the heck... If I don't like them I'll sell them to you guys! lol
Old 04-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #13
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post

That is what I use to mow, cut firewood or anything else where I want to listen to something while I work
This for sure. They are so cheap that if you mess them up it isnt a big deal. I think the sound quality is great, especially when you consider the cost.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #14
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

I would stay away from anything that is made by Beats. Not sure about the newer models but the old ones had reliability issues. I got three replaced under warranty and then on the last pair Best Buy stopped offering the extended warranty on them since they lost so much money on replacing them.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 01:30 PM   #15
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskles View Post
I have a pair of wired and a pair of Bluetooth Skull Candy headphones. The Bluetooth ones seem to cancel noise better, but the volume doesn't seem to be as high. I like them both.
This right here. I bought the bluetooth version for my phone and use the wired when I am at my computer. I dont want any wires hanging or anything over my ear when I am working. The over the ear I have never found comfortable and the wired ones always seem to pull out of my ears.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #16
Hockley
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
But I recently got a pair of Axil G2ís and they are freaking awesome. Bluetooth with microphone and noice reducing. They are approved for shooting, thatís actually how they are marketed. I ran over my pair last week with my wifeís expedition and they still work

Would these be good for working out with a lot of movement? I'm in the market.
Hockley is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #17
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockley View Post
Would these be good for working out with a lot of movement? I'm in the market.
Yes. They have an over the ear hook that keeps them solidly in place and there a cinch to tighten the loose cord connecting the 2, but Iím fairly small and never use it and it really doesnít get in my way.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #18
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

oh man, I need some of those Axils
TXHUNT3R is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #19
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

Just FYI, they make bone induction blue tooth "speaker" headphones as well. They sit right in front of your ear. I use these while cycling or anytime I need to hear whats going on around me but its like having back ground music to the world. I forget I have them on when wearing them.
TXHUNT3R is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #20
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
Well I looked at the Axil website, and they had a deal going on. I got 2 for the price of 1, so I figured what the heck... If I don't like them I'll sell them to you guys! lol
I donít think you be disappointed, I certainly wasnít. I got the same offer and expensed half of it since I use them to make sales calls. I guess if the can me, Iíll send in the pair I ran over!
Old 04-12-2021, 03:52 PM   #21
JonBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Doss, TX

What I'm currently using...

Earbuds: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Outstanding battery life & sound. Cheap, but no noise cancelling. I use them for my long runs and have had zero issues with them staying in my ear while running even super sweaty in the summer

Over-ear w/ noise cancelling for work & travel:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #22
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
Just FYI, they make bone induction blue tooth "speaker" headphones as well. They sit right in front of your ear. I use these while cycling or anytime I need to hear whats going on around me but its like having back ground music to the world. I forget I have them on when wearing them.
Axil GS have sound amplification. I love it for air travel. I swap the foam inserts that block more sound and block out the airplane jet roar, connect to my tablet and enjoy a movie. Then when I hit my layover location, I kick the sound amplification on so I can hear announcements and such.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #23
D4H
Spike

On the Axils, can you carry on a conversation with your iPhone with noise cancelling or are they just used to play canned music from your phone?
D4H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #24
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post

While I dont have these, I do have a set of MPow headset and I am really impressed with them.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 08:38 PM   #25
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

Hunt In: Parker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
While I dont have these, I do have a set of MPow headset and I am really impressed with them.

Same here. Use them for travel as well
as work around the house
huntingfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 09:09 PM   #26
kry226
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

I use the wired Bose noise-canceling headphones and they have done well for several years. They especially shine on an airplane.
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #27
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC

I very seldom use headphones and don't own earbuds, but I am interested in the Axil brand because of the sound enhancement. I am starting to get a little hard of hearing and see what hearing aids would cost. I know they aren't a replacement for hearing aids but just need a little help every now and then to hear a little better, especially at home watching tv. For those that own them, how are they at this.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 10:42 AM   #28
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Ive been looking at them but dont see that deal??

disregard they seem to have two places to buy
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #29
Big C
Six Point

Hunt In: Nolan, Coke, Fisher Counties

Shure SE215-CL-BT1 Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones with Bluetooth Enabled Communication Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074QJQ3W7...ETFHTYQN1SB4VG

These aren’t noise cancelling but noise isolating. Knocks the outside decibels down. They aren’t bad on planes and I use mine mowing. They sound good and I can promise you shure knows what they are doing.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 11:32 AM   #30
RydersPopsGG
Banned!!!

Beats by Dr Dre sound the best, but Airpods are nice too and very durable and not as expensive as the Beats
RydersPopsGG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #31
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4H View Post
On the Axils, can you carry on a conversation with your iPhone with noise cancelling or are they just used to play canned music from your phone?
They arenít technically ďnoise cancelingĒ they are noise reducing, similar to ear plugs, but with an electronic component that shuts off loud noises at a certain db and then the foam ear inserts block out the offensive noise. Yes they connect to your phone for calls. This is my primary use as i make sales calls all day. Sound and mike are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
I very seldom use headphones and don't own earbuds, but I am interested in the Axil brand because of the sound enhancement. I am starting to get a little hard of hearing and see what hearing aids would cost. I know they aren't a replacement for hearing aids but just need a little help every now and then to hear a little better, especially at home watching tv. For those that own them, how are they at this.
They are decent and would work well in that scenario. Iím donít think they would perform really well in situations with lots of background noise as they will amplify all sounds at the same rate. Thatís my challenge, it is hard for me to hear dinner table conversation in a noisy restaurant.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #32
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sparkman,Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappertapper View Post
I use raycon everdays at the office and sennheiser cx400bt at home. Both work great for me and I never have issues with them falling out while doing yard work or hitting the driving range.
i bought the raycon, but now i can never get them to work together... like them, but, if i only put one in my ear
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #33
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

One place the AirPods are WAY out in front (not surprisingly) is integration and handoff with other Apple devices. I have a watch I run with, an iPhone for Audible and music, and an MacBook for meetings, calls, etc. I can listen to music on my laptop, have a call come in and seamlessly handoff to my phone, then go for a run and pick up the playlist off my watch, all without doing anything. When I use other headphones I always have to mess with turning Bluetooth on/off connection to different devices manually, which is a PITA.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 04:41 PM   #34
TexaswBOWhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr, Montgomery & Leon Counties in Tx, SW Kansas
Default Iteknic Amazon

Quote:
I accidently washed my old faithful apple headphones that come with your iPhone, and I'm needing some new ones. I want some good ones this time. Noise canceling, Bluetooth or not I don't really care. I will use them when mowing, weed eating, on the tractor, running, and working out. I'd rather something noise canceling so that I don't have to blow my ear drums out to hear it above the lawn mower. I know there are some people on here who have done the research and spent the money so I don't have to! lol
I bought the over the ear, noise cancelling headphones from Amazon made by Iteknic. They serve me well on the zero turn (keeps dirt out of the ears), meetings when connected to my laptop and air planes for a fraction of the price of bose.

Just looked them up and they are currently unavailable but here is the link to them!

https://www.amazon.com/Cancelling-He.../dp/B07N2NJ163

These look identical though

https://smile.amazon.com/Cancelling-...%2C187&sr=8-10

Last edited by TexaswBOWhunter; 04-13-2021 at 04:50 PM.
TexaswBOWhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top