No announcement yet.

Alaskan Cruise ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The balcony is the only way to go for sure I sat on the balcony with bino's while we were traveling from port to port and saw so much wildlife it was great. We liked it so much we did it two years in a row and looking at going back next year but I also want to spend more time on land so we will have to figure that one out but if they are requiring vaccine that me a deal breaker too! May just fly up!

Comment

I actually took my spotting scope on the last one and it was in use on our balcony constantly. We also like to go in mid-late July and go up a few days early and go to Soldotna for a few days to sockeye fish.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
        Our 2020 cruise was canceled so we postponed till May of 2022 on Royal Caribbean. We are waiting to see exactly what the restrictions are now. The cruise lines are saying mandatory COVID vaccination so we may end up just doing a land tour.
        Same here...Royal Caribbean, but to Mexico/south. We were told that they did mandate the vaccine....we were set to cancel and get our money back. Then, about a week later, they came back and lifted the vaccine requirement. Does anyone know for sure??? Since it's apparently not a requirement any more, our money just sits there to be applied to a future cruise. Anyone experience this and/or have tips on getting money back?

Alaska is definitely on my list to visit someday...hopefully for some fishing/hunting. Hope you can make it happen!

Comment

We did cruise and rail couple years ago. Got on train in Seward to Anchorage then on to Denali. We booked thru Vacations by Rail. Cruise was with Holland America. Like Mary said do the helicopter dog sled ride.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
            I actually took my spotting scope on the last one and it was in use on our balcony constantly. We also like to go in mid-late July and go up a few days early and go to Soldotna for a few days to sockeye fish.
            X2 on the balcony and binocs. Keep watching the shore, the water, the mountains, the sky … All kinds of critters will show up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bassdeer;15666354]We did a 2018 from Vancouver, to Whittier, Alaska,(this was a one way cruise) then spent 3 days in Anchorage and Denali. We cruised on Holland American (Noordam)smaller ship which was nice. We went in July. Have a friend that lives in Juneau and we went fishing with him. Make sure you get a verandah(balcony)doesn't matter port or starboard (we did starboard side) Train ride in Skagway a must. We are planning another one with friends next year as well. Good set of binoculars.

The only thing we might do different is go one way from Alaska to Vancouver, That flight from Alaska to Texas was a killer, Make the long flight in the beginning would be better.

Comment

tagged

Comment

In for this…bucket list trip for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alaskan Cruise ideas.

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Agree with the Princess Cruiselines recommendation. They are very good at what they do with top notch accommodations on both the cruise and land portion. I think we would have liked to do your trip with the land portion first and cruise second Mike. Seems it would have been a little more “relaxing” to be able to enjoy the cruise the last week.
                    What ship were you guys on Mike?

I would have liked to have a couple
                    more days on land to see more of the interior.

I honestly don’t recall the name of the ship. I’m sure I could look back through pics and find it.

We didn’t book any excursions ahead of time. We wanted this to be a relaxing trip and it was. I hate it when you ore book a lot of stuff to do. Seems like you are always on the run and that’s not what we wanted out of this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What magnification binos would you get for the cruise?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                        What magnification binos would you get for the cruise?
                        I took my 10x42,

Comment

Working...
                        X