No announcement yet.

Water well questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jut had one drilled last summer. $10k here. can't remember exactly how deep, I'm thinking 280 feet though.

Comment

You mentioned you were near Tyler. My brother had one drilled in Edom a couple years ago and I think he said he had to go 600’ plus in his case.

Comment

Originally posted by jake03 View Post

Appreciate the insight and offers. I'm actually in East Texas, near Tyler.
        Jake--
        I'm just south of Henderson and have a well that has been great for 25 years.
        Fas Line out of Kilgore drilled it for me. Installed pump, 100 gal. pressure tank, and enough wire to reach my power pole for $7500 in 1994. Drilled the hole to 440' and set the pump at 250' with a 155' static water level. It pumped non stop for 6 days on a 1 1/4" pipe @ 75 gpm. The only thing that I've done is replace the pressure switch 4 years ago.
        It has more than payed for itself.

Comment

Witch it. Cut you two small peach limbs and hold lightly in your hand. Slowly walk and the limbs will try to cross where the water vain is. Hold one peach limb where the limbs crossed and the limb will bounce. Count how many times it bounces and that's the depth of the water. Pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
            I did put an above ground 3000 gal water storage tank. It always is full of water, not if but when you lose power, your pump malfunctions or anything else that won't allow the pump to work, you still have a water supply. Just my thoughts.

I don't know cost anywhere other than North Texas where I am. Definitely check around. Talk to neighbors and I bet they can steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            oh yeah, definitely a good precaution to take. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              Jake--
              I'm just south of Henderson and have a well that has been great for 25 years.
              Fas Line out of Kilgore drilled it for me. Installed pump, 100 gal. pressure tank, and enough wire to reach my power pole for $7500 in 1994. Drilled the hole to 440' and set the pump at 250' with a 155' static water level. It pumped non stop for 6 days on a 1 1/4" pipe @ 75 gpm. The only thing that I've done is replace the pressure switch 4 years ago.
              It has more than payed for itself.
              Cool, I'll look them up. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Witch it. Cut you two small peach limbs and hold lightly in your hand. Slowly walk and the limbs will try to cross where the water vain is. Hold one peach limb where the limbs crossed and the limb will bounce. Count how many times it bounces and that's the depth of the water. Pretty amazing.
                Yeah, I often wonder on things like this....who first figured out that this would work??? I've done this to locate my water line at the house...will give it a try for the well location. Thanks

Comment

Now I have heard of this many times but would like to hear more on how accurate it is. Have you done it many times with good success? Anyone else?

Comment

How many hands do you need for this exactly?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Jake...the holding tank will also help diffuse most sulfur smell in water too. My water is really really good water coming out of ground, almost neutral pH leaning towards mildly alkaline without filter or chemical treatment, but smells of rotten eggs stright out of ground. The smell goes away by the time the water hits the house or shop...due to tank diffusion.

Good luck with the well.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Jake...the holding tank will also help diffuse most sulfur smell in water too. My water is really really good water coming out of ground, almost neutral pH leaning towards mildly alkaline without filter or chemical treatment, but smells of rotten eggs stright out of ground. The smell goes away by the time the water hits the house or shop...due to tank diffusion.

Good luck with the well.
                        Good to know. How big of a tank do you have? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X