X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Team Fish Head

Present is I!

Who all is in this year.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Let's get dem cookers fired up!! We gotta get ol' Panhandlehunter on point to get the fishin' started and Tiff to get those fabulous shirts going (and as always with a dang pocket!! !!! ) She knows how to do it!!

Comment

I'm in. TD2000 and I are taking advantage of Fishndude's kind offer and will have a bunch of catfish filets. Let me know what we need to bring. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
        I'm in. TD2000 and I are taking advantage of Fishndude's kind offer and will have a bunch of catfish filets. Let me know what we need to bring. Matt

Roger to Matt's update. Looking forward to the 20th Bownanza

TD

Comment

Now I am hungry....some more

Comment

Let's go!!

Comment

I'll try to get an inventory started this weekend. Then get a supply list up.

Comment

We had something come up and won't be able to make it this year.

We were really looking forward to being there for the GREAT fellowship, fish and other good foods.

Team Fish Head, Getter Done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                  Jeff's event got cancelled so no catfish fillets

If Matt and I need to bring crappie, let us know so we can put some lines in the water

Mike & Phillip, what does the fish count look like. Do we need more?

Comment

We are in!

Comment

I tried to post earlier while in the Dr's office. But somehow TapaT wouldn't let me.

Anyway, I sent Philip a PM. And waiting on a reply to see if he and his family are going to come this year. I've got 30-35lbs of fillets right now, frozen in water for freshness. And I haven't yet began to spring fish this year. So, I've still got room for more to bring if need be. I'll be stocking up on fish anyway . But I'd much rather let others bring what they can so that everyone has a chance to contribute in some way. I have other resources, if it came down to it, as well.

A lot of what we will need in fillets will depend on how many show up/sign up for this Bownanza. There has been only 1 Bownanza where we ran out of fish. Think that was in 2021 or 2013. But we had over 750 peeps show up for that Bownanza too. We cooked over 160lbs of fillets alone when we ran out of fish at 1PM. Most folks at that one got some fish at some point. Many came back for 2nds and 3rds. It seems that the rest of the Bownanzas since the induction of Team Fish Head in 2008, we have always had fish in excess, with some years not even cooking 1/2 of what was available.

I don't know how accurate it is, but I heard there were a few fish that didn't get fully cooked at the last one two years ago. It's just what I heard. I do know we cooked larger pieces that usual. So that might have had something to do with it. To remedy, we might look at going back to the smaller pieces this time, just to make sure it's cooked fully. And as Clint will tell you, if the temp is not right, and just because it's golden on the outside, don't mean it's done. Sometimes we gotta leave it in there for just a minute or two longer. If the oil is to hot, and the fillets are to large, it won't get fully cooked by the time it looks done. So lets step it up a notch. I know Clint knows when to gettem out of the grease. If he steps back in, I might let him overlook the fish cookers and their chefs. Otherwise, we might have to change our name next year to "Team Sushi" .

And if we should for some reason "run out of fish", well then, maybe those that missed out shouldn't have been slacking, "Slackers" (as Mayor Mary would refer to them as).
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-09-2022, 07:34 PM.

Comment

It's good to see some "long timers" trickling back in here too! Welcome back all!

I don't like to use the term "Old Timers". Because, you can be a member. But not be old.

Comment

Sorry for the delay gang. I've had some stuff going on in life. And been really busy even after work and on some weekends. I will get it done soon! I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Sorry for the delay gang. I've had some stuff going on in life. And been really busy even after work and on some weekends. I will get it done soon! I promise.

No problem Mike.

Comment

Yall know the drill. Copy and post your names beside what you are bringing. And be sure to say how much.

Fresh Fish(60-lbs total limit: let's limit it to 15-20lbs per member to allow several members to contribute. If we need more, we can always bring more. Please let me know how much you are contributing) –

Essentials:

Canopy/pop-ups -
                              5 gallon buckets to hold canopies down (filled with water) –
                              Fish cookers/Tatar Fryers/Hush-puppy Oil Boilers –
                              Oil by gallon to make things float to the top when done- Team has a couple of gallons
                              LP tanks, hoses, regulators, ect. -),

Accessory cook-n tools and such:

Prep tables -
                              Cutting boards and knives –
                              Finish/serving tables –
                              Latex gloves for food handling – Team has 2 opened boxes of 300 each. Should be plenty.
                              Tongs, measuring cups, mixing spoons, and Ladles – Team has 3 stainless tongs and bunch of spoons and ladles from team, 5 plastic serving tongs, 3 food prep knives
                              Large Mixing Bowls- 2 half gallon green mixing bowl from team for Hush Puppies
                              Batter tub – Team has a large rectangle storage container/tub for batter-n fish
                              Potato slicer –
                              Thermometers -
                              from Team (2),
                              Fire Extinguishers –

Season-N Stuff/Tatars/Onions/and Such:

Batter/Self Rise-n Flour/Cornmeal for batter– Team has 2-lbs cornmeal, 7-lbs All Pourpose, and 6-lbs self-rising, for fish and such
                              Garlic Powder – Team has this covered with a quart size container, also various other spices
                              Salt and Pepper shakers –
                              Team has 4 sets of each and 1 pound of Morten salt, and one extra large qart of black pepper
                              Ragin Blaze –
                              Barnical Dust – Team has ½ canister
                              Potatoes –
                              Condiments/sauces/dip-n stuff -

More Accessories:

Aluminum pans w/lids for cooked fish/food – Team has 6 large covers, 10 fulll size pans for Sterno racks
                              Racks and Sterno for aluminum pans – team has 6 racks for aluminum pans, 1 case of Sterno
                              paper plates – team has 300
                              Food boat trays- team has 1 case, and one stack (100)
                              Plastic ware – team has 3 full box of 300 forks, 900 total
                              paper towels –team has 11-1/2 rolls
                              Paper napkins – team has over 1,000

Hush-puppie Fix-ns:
                              (I will post the recipe a little later)

Cornmeal –
                              Flour -
                              Onion (2 is plenty) –

Baking Powder – team has plenty
                              Salt – team has plenty
                              Eggs -
                              Creamed corn –
                              Jalapenos, Green Chilies (optional) –
                              Milk and/or beer for hushpuppies -

Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-20-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X