Weatherby 307

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherby 307

Just dropped, supposed to be available Summer 2023. Interesting shift from classic Weatherby. Redesigned action for 700 footprint. Looks like a feature rich option at a good price point. Going to watch how this plays out, the 7PRC is very interesting.

The Range XP is built on Weatherby’s newest bolt action rifle platform, the Model 307. Meant to complement the historic Mark V® and Vanguard® lineups, the Model 307 action is a 2-Lug, fully cylindrical action compatible with many aftermarket accessories. Model 307 is designed to accommodate the vast offerings of stocks, triggers, rails, mounts, and magazines that exist in today’s marketplace. The Range XP is a shooter-friendly platform that can dominate the shooting range or the mountain range. FINISH Fluted Barrel – Graphite Black Cerakote Trigger Guard / Receiver – Graphite Black Bolt / Bolt Knob – Graphite Black Cerakote Stock – OD Green with Graphite Black Cheek Piece **7MM PRC ships with metal MDT magazine** TECH SPECS View Tech Specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm just to old. When I think of Weatherby I like picture the Mark V. I understand broadening the line up but I don't care for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
      I guess I'm just to old. When I think of Weatherby I like picture the Mark V. I understand broadening the line up but I don't care for that one.

Good thing they still make the Mark V [emoji23]

Comment

Yes I realize they still make it I just don't care for this one

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
          Yes I realize they still make it I just don't care for this one

[emoji4]

Comment

That's a very smart move, they will sell a lot of them, at that price.

Comment

I like the new twist rates on the factory barrels. That will be nice.

Comment

When I think of Weatherby I think of high dollar over priced guns that will barely group 2" at 100 yds and shoot expensive ammo and have a lot of recoil.

Comment

if you're gonna skeletonize the bolt handle, why not go all the way ?

I'm sure hard-core Weatherby loyalists are asking ... WHY ???

that rifle looks like every other semi-custom 700 clone on the market today: side bolt release, over-sized bolt knob, scalloped action with manufacturers name and model, spiral fluted bolt, Wby joined the party 10 years to late.

actions will also be sold separately ($750 MSRP); however NO small bolt face offerings for the 223, 204 enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    if you're gonna skeletonize the bolt handle, why not go all the way ?

I'm sure hard-core Weatherby loyalists are asking ... WHY ???

that rifle looks like every other semi-custom 700 clone on the market today: side bolt release, over-sized bolt knob, scalloped action with manufacturers name and model, spiral fluted bolt, Wby joined the party 10 years to late.

actions will also be sold separately ($750 MSRP); however NO small bolt face offerings for the 223, 204 enthusiasts

What is supposed to be the advantage of this action over the Howa? Besides some cosmetics?

Comment

Working...
                    X