Camp feeders who’s got em??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp feeders who’s got em??

Set up a feeder to watch from the house at about 100 yards. Y’all think the deer will come and eat while we are there? We have axis and wt. I’m hoping the hogs will show up at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer....yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

If you don't have fancy thermal gear, try a motion-activated green light. Pigs will not be happy about your purchase.

Comment

Yep......even in east Texas they come around for a snack.[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have shooting table just off the porch of the hunting cabin with a feeder 95 yards beyond that has an All-Seasons "Boar Light" mounted above it. Deer don't come in that often while we're there but we have shot a lot of pigs. We will be inside watching football or sitting around the fire when a cell camera alerts us we have visitors. We then flip a coin to see who gets to take the shot.

Comment

Not a camp feeder but we have a feeder 90 yards from the back door of our house. Deer will come in while the kids are in the pools swimming making all kinds of racket 70 yards away.

Comment

Absolutely
                Protein feeder at 130 yds
                Corn feeder at 200 yds
                Corn feeder at 500 yds

Comment

We have one about 150 yards from camp. The deer there are usually safe until they aren't. In one of my finest moments last year I shot a doe from inside the camp house. We call it hunting from the book depository, since you have to stick the rifle out the window to shoot.

Comment

Yessir! Killed some good ones that way

Comment

Yes-ours show up am when the house is quiet

Comment

Yes

Comment

One of the biggest 170-180 class deer at a buddies ranch was shot from the camp feeder. They do have a full deer stand next to the house. They banned shooting from the house and if someone wants to hunt the camp feeder they have to hunt out if the stand

Comment

We do. It's probably 75 yards from the house. The feeder gets lots of deer activity. Pigs and turkey not so much.

We set outside a lot, especially during the offseason. We enjoy watching the deer while at camp.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                              We do. It's probably 75 yards from the house. The feeder gets lots of deer activity. Pigs and turkey not so much.

We set outside a lot, especially during the offseason. We enjoy watching the deer while at camp.

We love to watch the deer. We are thinking of not shooting the axis at the camp feeder just to keep ‘em around. The green light might be a great idea for the hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X