Bear Creek 7.62x39 upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Creek 7.62x39 upper

Came in today. Mine has the side and rear charging handle, 16” Spiral fluted heavy stainless barrel and spiral brake.
    Don’t know what optic or sights I plan to put on it yet. When I get ammo and out to the range I will give you guys a report.

Own several. No issues. I think you will be happy.

Comment

Hope so, thanks for the confidence booster

Comment

I bought a 223 upper from them as a first trial. Shoots great. I bet you are pleased with the upper. I was.

Comment

I probably killed 50 hogs with a BCA 7.62x39 upper on an Anderson lower. Mine was a side charge, which comes in really handy under a thermal. It ate everything I fed it, mostly steel cased ammo. My new pig gun is a 350 legend, side charge, also a BCA. No hiccups with it so far either. I think most of the bad press on Bear Creek is from gun snobs that think because it is affordable it must be crap.

Comment

Mine has an Anderson lower I built with a Palmetto parts kit that has Magpul furniture

Comment

Bought a few boxes of Norma. If the brass is good for reloading I may save the brass and buy more. Anyone reload with the Norma brass? I only have experience with it in my Weatherby’s.

Comment

Mine likes the winchester soft points and the old Russian hollow points

Comment

I have one that shoots Barnaul at 1.25” groups at 100 yds. I routinely shoot it at 500 yards to practice. It’ll hit 4 out of 5 on a 10 inch steel plate at 500 every time. Most times it’s 5 out of 5. If you want a x39 steel ammo to do better than that you’re dreaming. I couldn’t be more pleased with my BCA.

Comment

Kinda hard to complain about that.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                      Bought a few boxes of Norma. If the brass is good for reloading I may save the brass and buy more. Anyone reload with the Norma brass? I only have experience with it in my Weatherby’s.

Norma is generally very good brass. Not Lapua good, but a lot better than Hornady or any other cheaper stuff.

Comment

I would replace the extractor. After quite a bit of research, I replaced the factory BCA that broke within 50 rounds with a Black Rifle Arms phosphated extractor. Phosphated is much stronger than a nitrided extractor. I’m not sure if it’s a direct replacement now or not. My gun required a bolt assembly replacement to use their extractor. Somehow BCAs were or are a different assembly. I have since shot over 1k rounds with no problems. If you’re interested, the bolt assembly part number is 15051945 and the extractor only part number is 2010011 (I bought a couple extras).

Comment

Love my 7.62x39. AR. Shoots good and dependable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only trouble I had was with a standard firing pin in my x39. Swap out the milspec pin with an extended FP and you're good to shoot even the cheapest steel case ammo.

Comment

I have Russian 30 upper from Bear Creek. It functions fine and was a heck of a bargain.

Comment

Working...
                              X