Medicated Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicated Protein

Wormer in protein? How was the results? Where do you get it?

I have used it with good results. Lyssy and Eckels has it, it is called “zoo wormer”. L&E recommends putting it out twice a year but I just do it in the spring. It is not cheap fortunately you don’t have to use a lot of it.

Comment

I use safeguard wildlife dewormer mixed in

Comment

we have used it for years on our lease -Lyssy and Echols has it -good results - deer do not have ticks on them or nasal bots and we noticed a gain in their overall body weights

Comment

Spray and mix in some ivermectin on the feed during the spring

Comment

When I had access to L&E put it out every spring. I honestly believed it helps the deer. They always looked good and fat.

Comment

M-G feed in Weimar has 20% protein with dewormer in it it’s called zoo and wildlife

Comment

You can have someone collect samples to see if ur deer even need to be wormed.

Comment

Yall even checking to see if there are worms? Or just throwing chemicals into your deer herd? You can check scat consistency in your feed pens to tell if your deer have worms.

Comment

Do tell…..

Comment

We just purchased 500lbs of Purina Dewormer pellets. We are going to put around 125lbs in 4 of our protein feeders. Our plan is just adding it on top of our current pellets and once the deer eat the remaining pellets, which should be in 2 weeks, then they will get to the dewormer feed. Hoping this stuff will help our deer herd because $30 a bag is expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        Do tell…..
                        Bueller…….. Bueller……..

Comment

Picked up some zoo wormer at L&E yesterday, $29 per 50 lbs, ouch. Fortunately you don’t have to use a lot of it.

Comment

How much do the deer have to eat to become medicated?

Comment

Working...
                            X