How Many Have You Passed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My avatar picture that is several years old now got me to thinking.
    I honestly never saw that deer in person but with those brow tines, I was after him. I’ve seen a few deer over the last few years on camera… only to give them a pass once I saw them in person. There is one this year in particular that is a main frame 12 I passed 5 times. Post up deer you have passed and were never to be seen again

12 point from this year. I hope he makes it until October
    Attached Files

Comment

I watched him for an hour Thanksgiving evening back in 2008. I knew watching him he was the biggest buck I’d ever seen. I passed him in hopes my dad would get a shot at him. This buck was in the middle of a 5000 acre low fence pasture on the Shannon Ranch in Crockett County, and was never seen again. We lost the lease that spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s an absolute stud and I understand passing for the same reason
        Last edited by Chompers; 02-21-2023, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Not the biggest deer that I’ve chased, but there are two bucks within the last 3 years that come to mind. Had multiple opportunities but really wanted to see what they would do the following year. I’m still looking for them……

Comment

I passed this guy several times in 2019. No history with him but he looked 5 or 6. Wanted to give him one more year but he never returned. No regrets though as I don’t have the desire to shoot 5-6 year old good bucks that can become great at 7+.

Comment

Passed this 10 back in 2018, thought he was still a little young. Had him within 25 yards for 30 minutes or so. Never saw him again.......
              Attached Files

Comment

I passed on one 8Pt for 3 years. Neighbor got him. But that's ok, it's part of the game. I'd rather see it taken when mature than "get it before the neighbor does".

edit: a little off topic. I saw him, doa

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  I passed on one 8Pt for 3 years. Neighbor got him. But that's ok, it's part of the game. I'd rather see it taken when mature than "get it before the neighbor does".

edit: a little off topic. I saw him, doa
                  Good post "Get it before the neighbor does" equal you ARE that "neighbor".

Comment

Comment

I thought this was gonna be a kidney stone thread. I got nothing...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                        I thought this was gonna be a kidney stone thread. I got nothing...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Hahaha that makes two of us

Comment

Originally posted by Chompers View Post
                          My avatar picture that is several years old now got me to thinking.
                          I honestly never saw that deer in person but with those brow tines, I was after him. I’ve seen a few deer over the last few years on camera… only to give them a pass once I saw them in person. There is one this year in particular that is a main frame 12 I passed 5 times. Post up deer you have passed and were never to be seen again

Everyone once in a while Tapatalk writes the jokes itself[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji3][emoji3]

I kept looking at the avatar pic and was struggling to get him to a 12. 10 at most but I’m known to stretch the score so I’m thinking a solid 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Black Ice; 02-24-2023, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Really wanted to see what this dude would do from 2021. No doubted somebody smoked him. My brother and I were seeing him all the time up until the rut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Passed both of these in 2020. The 10 I know got shot after he broke off his G3 left side last weekend of the season.

I think the triple beam buck may be the buck I posted from 2021 but I could be wrong.

Shot at this one but my gun was broke[emoji23]. Ended up passing him several times and taking a bunch of pics of him. My brother ended up shooting him that year and it’s a good thing because I don’t think he would have been passed if someone on another property saw him.

I should have shot this dude but just took pics hoping he’d make it another year. He had at least 15 points.
                            Last edited by Black Ice; 02-24-2023, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Awesome pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X