Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rutting time frames

Hey everyone

I saw some strange stuff on one of my game cameras. When would you say rut ends in east Texas?

from 1/30-2/14 I've caught bucks chasing does this guy was running a doe on the 2/14.

Also this area must be a fight zone since i've caught over 6 fights in this one spot in the last month.
    Attached Files

As long as does keep coming into estrous

Same here, have game cam videos of bucks chasing and stills of them sparring within the last 2 weeks

Comment

I saw a buck chasing a doe yesterday. Just north of Azle.

Comment

Both those deer are bucks.

Comment

It’s the change in photoperiod. Similar daylight now to the beginning of the true rut, it tricks them into some rutting behavior for a short period.

Comment

It is because the 7 month old fawn does come into season it happens every year. Most hunters don’t see the deer or even care this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Both those deer are bucks.
              The first photo is a doe, then the buck tending that doe. you have to look on the right side to see the doe standing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                It’s the change in photoperiod. Similar daylight now to the beginning of the true rut, it tricks them into some rutting behavior for a short period.
                I was wondering if it was because of winter never really happened all this action started right after the ice storm on the 1st of Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                  It is because the 7 month old fawn does come into season it happens every year. Most hunters don’t see the deer or even care this time of year.
                  This

Comment

Originally posted by surfcowboy View Post
                    The first photo is a doe, then the buck tending that doe. you have to look on the right side to see the doe standing there.
                    pretty sure that first deer is a buck thats already shed. never seen a doe with tarsals that stained, but could be wrong. all of my bucks in southeast tx have shed already.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      pretty sure that first deer is a buck thats already shed. never seen a doe with tarsals that stained, but could be wrong. all of my bucks in southeast tx have shed already.
                      Once test drops they fall off if there are doe's still in heat in my area they are going to fall off late. here are a couple more from two days ago. I zoomed in on the head and didn't see any indication of antler fall.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A lease member sent a pic yesterday of a buck harassing a doe. Some are still coming in to estrous

Comment

It is a buck

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            Here is one that does
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is one that does
                              Brah, it’s a buck…….. j/k

I’ve seen tarsal stained hocks on a many of doe over the years. That one is pretty extreme, 8 will admit.

Comment

Working...
                              X