Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to the Coastal Fishing Scene Questions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you looking to buy a lot or keep the RV at a park?

I’m thinking the same , rv on a lot near water. I’m willing to look from Sargent down to Ingelside area. But one thing I’m stuggling with is a lot of deed restrictions against RVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
      Are you looking to buy a lot or keep the RV at a park?

I’m thinking the same , rv on a lot near water. I’m willing to look from Sargent down to Ingelside area. But one thing I’m stuggling with is a lot of deed restrictions against RVs.
      I am flexible for sure. Hard to find everything I would like, like being close to the water, not overpriced, etc., etc..

Comment

Kerr. Sent you an email about a place. I wouldn’t sit on it if it interests you. They had about 6 lots and this is last one- If it doesn’t interest you and you are computer smart put it up here and maybe someone will

Comment

Sargent has a few RV parks you can rent and get a feel for how you like it. If you buy a place your neighbors will make it good or bad. If I can help in the Sargent area let me know, I've owned a lot there for 35 years.

Comment

ICW RV park in Aransas Pass is on the water. A friend kept his 5th wheel there for a few years. It was really nice. He kayaked a ton and waded the area around the park mostly. The boat ramp is next door as well. Only downside is that the saltwater will kill your RV being that close.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Kerr. Sent you an email about a place. I wouldn’t sit on it if it interests you. They had about 6 lots and this is last one- If it doesn’t interest you and you are computer smart put it up here and maybe someone will
              Thanks, just saw the post here. Got my retina shot today and by the time my eyes get un-dilated it is usually late evening. Will check email.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                Sargent has a few RV parks you can rent and get a feel for how you like it. If you buy a place your neighbors will make it good or bad. If I can help in the Sargent area let me know, I've owned a lot there for 35 years.
                Thanks for the info. My Bil's dad had a place in Sargent years and years and always caught lots of reds. I never went there when I should have taken him up on the invites.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                  ICW RV park in Aransas Pass is on the water. A friend kept his 5th wheel there for a few years. It was really nice. He kayaked a ton and waded the area around the park mostly. The boat ramp is next door as well. Only downside is that the saltwater will kill your RV being that close.
                  Launched there one time with a friend in his boat. Looked very convenient for access to fishing spots.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                    Thanks for the info. My Bil's dad had a place in Sargent years and years and always caught lots of reds. I never went there when I should have taken him up on the invites.
                    I've kind of turned into fishing for reds mostly to get away from the crowds. There's a lot of shallow water opportunities in the area. It's not cheap anymore to buy a place though. Good luck in your search.

Comment

If you can stand the drive, head south. Riviera, Port Mansfield, south padre. Better fishing, fewer boats. Also less to do if you aren't fishing, which is why my boss hasn't given me the green light for the exact same thing yet.

Comment

If you go the route of long term rental in an rv park, check Drifters Resort on 35 in between Rockport and Aransas Pass. We have spent the last few summers there, quiet and peaceful park...I just pulled the rv back this month. We're helping a friend out who is working in the Austin area and doesn't want to move his family from Houston and needed a place to sleep, otherwise we would still have the rv down at Drifters.

I can't recall off the top of my head what the monthly rent was, but nowhere in the vicinity of $2k a month, that's for dang sure

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          If you go the route of long term rental in an rv park, check Drifters Resort on 35 in between Rockport and Aransas Pass. We have spent the last few summers there, quiet and peaceful park...I just pulled the rv back this month. We're helping a friend out who is working in the Austin area and doesn't want to move his family from Houston and needed a place to sleep, otherwise we would still have the rv down at Drifters.

I can't recall off the top of my head what the monthly rent was, but nowhere in the vicinity of $2k a month, that's for dang sure
                          Thanks so much for the heads up. Will look into it for sure.

Comment

It you are diligent with reading restrictions and don’t mind doing a little clearing there are places to be found for $10k that with another $15k and some sweat equity would be great for a fishing retreat RV getaway

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              It you are diligent with reading restrictions and don’t mind doing a little clearing there are places to be found for $10k that with another $15k and some sweat equity would be great for a fishing retreat RV getaway
                              That is almost unheard of these days in real estate close to the coast. A small barndo would be better than an RV.

Comment

They can't tax a RV

Comment

Working...
                                X