Hog Hunt - Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunt - Control

We own a small piece of Texas close to Rocksprings - Standing Rock Ranch. I took a week off after a 2 week Business trip in Korea ... The wife and friend joined me later in the week.

It was perfect Hog Hunting & Trapping weather and I set personal best with 10 Hogs Taken ... they ranged from 25 - 150 + pounds. 7 out of 10 were Sows .. So good for population control.

Here are some pictures ...
    Attached Files

Heck yeah good job!

Comment

Kap

Good job! that'll help a little. Keep after them

Comment

Looks a good week off congrats

Comment

Doing good !

Comment

All kidding aside, wild pigs have quite the lineage in the area. They provided our forefathers with food and they even did hog drives to market like cattle. Wild hogs and honey got them through hard times.

Why the hate if you ain’t a commercial farmer?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              All kidding aside, wild pigs have quite the lineage in the area. They provided our forefathers with food and they even did hog drives to market like cattle. Wild hogs and honey got them through hard times.

I agree but on the other hand they are still destructive and ruin the yard rooting around and they eat a crap ton of protein which aint cheap these days.

Comment

KAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Hogs lovers need not fear. You could never kill enough hogs to rid the earth of them.

Comment

Are you kidding? When hogs root, they destroy the plant (grasses) and soil structure. Also, they will completely ruin a stock tank and destroy the water quality. Ever hear of people driving an ATV and hitting a hog wallow, flipping the ATV and getting killed?

Sika is spot on - we will neve kill enough to depopulate them.

Comment

And that hog roundup and drive is how the Texas Lacy Dog came to be. Bred up to drive hogs to market by the Lacy Brothers in the 1850's. And now by legislature the State Dog of Texas.

If it weren't for hogs we wouldn't have Lacy dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          Are you kidding? When hogs root, they destroy the plant (grasses) and soil structure. Also, they will completely ruin a stock tank and destroy the water quality. Ever hear of people driving an ATV and hitting a hog wallow, flipping the ATV and getting killed?

Sika is spot on - we will neve kill enough to depopulate them.
                          No, my uneducated of the situation brother, I’m not kidding.

Given the lineage of Hogs in Texas they predate most Texans.

Texans (Humans) are more of an invasive species than pigs.

Have you seen the damage humans cam cause.

Silly rabbits !

Comment

Here’s why —

Comment

No, my uneducated of the situation brother, I’m not kidding.

Given the lineage of Hogs in Texas they predate most Texans.

Texans (Humans) are more of an invasive species than pigs.

Have you seen the damage humans cam cause.

Silly rabbits !
                              Yes, you are wrong. Hogs were brought here by Spanish explorers.

Comment

Working...
                              X