No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s to hoping we all get 3+ inches of rain tonight and tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
      Here’s to hoping we all get 3+ inches of rain tonight and tomorrow.
      Agree!! We got about 1.5" last night. So far nothing today. I'll take it though. Our tanks aren't full but they are a lot higher than before. Food plots are trying, they look decent but I was expecting more green. Hopefully they keep coming on.

Comment

We’ve had 3.5” in calf creek over the last 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
          We’ve had 3.5” in calf creek over the last 7 days.
          I believe it. I was watching several cells that were dumping in that area, which barely missed us.

Comment

We ended up getting 3.1in of rain last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck Yeah! Wish I could get the .1
              Congrats!

Comment

The big pond rose over 8ft after that big rainfall. You can see some of the shallow water habitat is partially underwater. We will start filling up the pond from our well during our next trip. The pond has about another 5-6ft to go up until it’s completely full. Hoping to get the forage fish stocked the week before Father’s Day.

Comment

That's awesome, congrats on the tank fill up. I can't complain, we got a little over an inch Friday night but we haven't gotten the big one to fill up the tanks. I'm still hoping for that one.

Comment

your well pump control panel is 3r and that lip on the front of the panel is designed to allow natural convection to pull cooler air in the bottom and allow the hear to come out the top. This is to keep heat away from the electronics inside the panel. There might be a fan to pull fresh air in and push the hot air out.

I know you have a white shed to keep down the heat but you may run into problems in the summer time with that panel shutting down because of over heating. It will shut down. Cool down and when you open the shed the air exchange will allow you to restart the panel and then the cycle will happen again.

There should be a way to get a trip report out of the well control system. IF it shuts down pull the report and if its because of high temp over load that is why.

Comment

NICE!!
                      Maybe 10 miles north of you and we’ve had just over 5” total in a month. All in small increments though.. We need 5” in a few hours.. We need run off to fill our lake..
                      But we will take what we can get..

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                        NICE!!
                        Maybe 10 miles north of you and we’ve had just over 5” total in a month. All in small increments though.. We need 5” in a few hours.. We need run off to fill our lake..
                        But we will take what we can get..

About like us. 4” in past month and no hail or damaging high winds !
                        Our tanks did catch some runoff Tuesday night
                        Love seeing all the green even if it mostly weeds. !
                        Eastern brown County ain’t so brown anymore.

BP

Comment

We got another inch of rain yesterday. The pond still needs to go up another 3-5ft and then all of the fish structures will be under water. The water level should be around the middle of those bushes on the **** in the background.

Comment

Things are coming along nicely OP. Hope that country keeps getting that rain through the summer. Could make things pretty fun come deer season

Have you seen any poults on cam yet?

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                                Things are coming along nicely OP. Hope that country keeps getting that rain through the summer. Could make things pretty fun come deer season

Have you seen any poults on cam yet?
                                Unfortunately, we haven't seen any poults yet on camera. I'm hopeful that we see some soon. Ever since we stopped grazing cattle we haven't seen any poults and see less turkeys. I know nesting habitat (i.e. grasses) is important for turkeys but I feel if the grasses get too thick that it can be difficult for poults and turkeys to move around. I also think turkeys and quail get easy meals by eating bugs out of cow patties. Not sure if this has any merit or not, just my thougts.

Comment

Working...
                                X