Bog Deathgrip Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my carbon Deathgrip, hate the weight. Half the total weight is in the Bog “saddle” head. Plus the head does not stay locked in tight.

I wanted to replace the head with a higher quality one that also sheds some weight if possible.

Removed the head and measured the inside dia of the cylinder and had a friend 3D print a bushing to accept a 3/8” bolt. Now I can swap it to any head I want. The head in the photo is just a mock up off of my DSLR monopod.

Video of the bushing
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen alot of guys on the TPH facebook group swap these over to the ball heads and ARCA rails. Its something i need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      Ive seen alot of guys on the TPH facebook group swap these over to the ball heads and ARCA rails. Its something i need to do.

I don’t run a bog pod, but ARCA rails are definitely WAY better than any of the clamp mounts out there, and I’ve tried pretty much all of them at some point.
      There’s no way I’d go back to a clamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        I don’t run a bog pod, but ARCA rails are definitely WAY better than any of the clamp mounts out there, and I’ve tried pretty much all of them at some point.
        There’s no way I’d go back to a clamp.

For sure, I’m looking to go that route but undecided on which rails I want to use. Lots of options out there.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
          For sure, I’m looking to go that route but undecided on which rails I want to use. Lots of options out there.

I run Area 419 rails on my bolt guns and Magpul on my ARs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
            I run Area 419 rails on my bolt guns and Magpul on my ARs.

The 419s are nice, I’ve been looking at the SRS arca/pic rail so I can also run the Atlas on it if needed

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              The 419s are nice, I’ve been looking at the SRS arca/pic rail so I can also run the Atlas on it if needed

If it were me, I’d just put an Arca clamp on your atlas and run a 8-10” Arca rail on your rifle. It’ll make your life a lot easier.

If you swap your bipod between rifles and still want to be able to mount it to pic rails, Really Right Stuff makes a clamp that works with both Arca and Pic rails.

Comment

Working...
              X