No announcement yet.

Radical AR deal alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered mine 3/4 and picked it up at my FFL 3/9. Already had a grendel in a radical that I've really liked, looking forward to getting the new 7.62 x 39 to the range as well!

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      Any updates on the super tight charging handle? Or any others reviews?
      So between all of my coworkers and family I've personally inspected about 12 of these rifles. For 399 I didn't have high expectations. They are price point rifles and I don't think Radical puts a lot of QC into these before they leave the factory, instead the buyer is the QC.

Almost every rifle had a different crush washer on the flash hider. They had different finishes, one even had shims instead of a crush washer and about half were canted by about 20 degrees.

Some rifles had an ambi safety and others had a single side safety, even though they were the same sku #.

Receiver end plates had different finishes, some were parkerized, some looked like they were painted or anodized.

Another weird thing I noticed is none of the barrels had the caliber marked.

My advice is this definitely shouldn't be you primary HD gun unless you put plenty of rounds down range and really look it over. For something to keep in the truck or on the tractor I say they are perfectly fine.

I showed up at Radicals shop and asked them to swap out the charging handle and I was out in 10 minutes. I'm in the Houston area, so I leaned toward this for a cheap rifle and if it had any issues I knew I could warranty it easily.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
        So between all of my coworkers and family I've personally inspected about 12 of these rifles. For 399 I didn't have high expectations. They are price point rifles and I don't think Radical puts a lot of QC into these before they leave the factory, instead the buyer is the QC.

Almost every rifle had a different crush washer on the flash hider. They had different finishes, one even had shims instead of a crush washer and about half were canted by about 20 degrees.

Some rifles had an ambi safety and others had a single side safety, even though they were the same sku #.

Receiver end plates had different finishes, some were parkerized, some looked like they were painted or anodized.

Another weird thing I noticed is none of the barrels had the caliber marked.

My advice is this definitely shouldn't be you primary HD gun unless you put plenty of rounds down range and really look it over. For something to keep in the truck or on the tractor I say they are perfectly fine.

I showed up at Radicals shop and asked them to swap out the charging handle and I was out in 10 minutes. I'm in the Houston area, so I leaned toward this for a cheap rifle and if it had any issues I knew I could warranty it easily.

Thanks for the update.
        It's an AR, if it don't run right I'll throw parts at it till it does.
        If I ever get around to unboxing it

My last order from KYG arrived in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Looked online thinking I could go to Radical myself (Houston), but they are not on sale at their site.

Comment

A friend has a radical in 5.56 and I've shot it. It looks and shoots about like you'd expect a budget AR. Seems to cycle fine. I'd drop $400 on one if you just want something to plink with.

Comment

I bought a Radical upper in .223/5.56 a few years ago for a plinker for my Grendal's lower. Quite a few hundreds of rounds and nary a hiccup!

Comment

Grabbed one in 5.56 yesterday. I've had good luck with budget priced AR's in the past to do what I ask....fire when I pull the trigger.

Comment

Just shot mine today, real quick sight in for a pig hunt this afternoon. 20 rounds down the tube and can’t complain with accuracy. 5 shot groups were less than an inch at 50 yards. Was shooting suppressed and had no issues running. Solid first outing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarred View Post
                    Just shot mine today, real quick sight in for a pig hunt this afternoon. 20 rounds down the tube and can’t complain with accuracy. 5 shot groups were less than an inch at 50 yards. Was shooting suppressed and had no issues running. Solid first outing.

Good luck!

Comment

For those that ordered, did you get an email when it shipped?

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                        For those that ordered, did you get an email when it shipped?
                        Yes, kygunco ships via FedEx.

Comment

Got mine in 4 days. Haven't shot yet

Comment

Yeah, I haven't seen any follow up emails. Guess I'll have to call them this morning.

Comment

I had to set up an account there when I ordered mine, but got an order confirmation email, tracking info email when it shipped, and came in three days via FedEx. I would definitely give them a call TCB if you haven't received any communication

Comment

AR stands for "American Rifle"....Change My Mind......

Comment

Working...
                                X