X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
    https://www.blackriflearms.com/AR-15...g-Pin_p_9.html

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link, I’m going to add these as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nacohunter View Post
      Word is they revamped and are making decent guns, especially for the price.
      I hope this is the case, I like their story.

Comment

I tried to talk a co-worker and a family member into looking elsewhere considering Radical’s rough start in the business. Both refused to listen to me and bought them in 5.56. I’ve shot both of them and they are definite shooters and had zero malfunctions. Word is they revamped and are making decent guns, especially for the price.
        How much can really go wrong with an AR? The biggest issue I can see is a chamber being reamed incorrectly or a gas port drilled incorrectly. The solution for that is a known quality replacement barrel. A barrel swap only takes a few minutes. Other than that, you're changing out a BCG or a buffer.

Any manufacturer selling and AR for $399 is cutting corners somewhere. Most likely, it's on component selection. Most people won't shoot these guns enough to see a component fail.

Comment

How much can really go wrong with an AR? The biggest issue I can see is a chamber being reamed incorrectly or a gas port drilled incorrectly. The solution for that is a known quality replacement barrel. A barrel swap only takes a few minutes. Other than that, you're changing out a BCG or a buffer.

Any manufacturer selling and AR for $399 is cutting corners somewhere. Most likely, it's on component selection. Most people won't shoot these guns enough to see a component fail.

No one is buying a gun they have to work on right after they buy it. The 2 I’ve shot were fine, and that’s coming from a Larue armorer that has carried a Larue for over a decade. Several times I’ve had to file, ream, etc., on budget guns, but not the 2 Radicals I’ve shot. Maybe my people just got lucky and got good ones.

Comment

Grendel in route!

Comment

No one is buying a gun they have to work on right after they buy it. The 2 I’ve shot were fine, and that’s coming from a Larue armorer that has carried a Larue for over a decade. Several times I’ve had to file, ream, etc., on budget guns, but not the 2 Radicals I’ve shot. Maybe my people just got lucky and got good ones.
              For 399 I'm not complaining if I had to wrench on one, and this is coming from a KAC > everything snob. No issues with mine yet, I'm only 500 rounds in though.

Comment

I had a few coworkers order more and they came in today. One issue out the box with the 7.62x39 rifle, charging handle is super tight. We will head to Stafford on Monday and see if they can swap it out under warranty. For the price nobody is complaining.

Comment

Just got my 2 7.62x39's in today. They feel and look a lot nicer than a $400 gun. Threw the suppressor on and will see how it shoots next weekend.

Comment

Has anyone else that ordered one of these gotten theirs in yet & care to review?
                    They are still on sale, I'm very temped on the Grendel

Comment

link?

Comment

I keep refreshing the link daily and keep talking myself out of picking some up.

Maybe tomorrow I buy, maybe tomorrow they run out and I can quit looking.

If I didn't have some 6.8' already I'd have jumped on the Grendel.
                        Too close alike to make the switch and my 68's have yet to disappoint.
                        Hard to skip the hype though.

Comment

I bought one too, but I got no email confirmation of shipping. How quickly do they ship ? Thanks for the heads up Andre.

Talk about timing, I just got the shipping confirmation !

Comment

OK, put me down in the no longer looking at the "deal" category

Comment

Yeah I just broke down and picked up the Grendel, too good of a price to resist

Comment

I had a few coworkers order more and they came in today. One issue out the box with the 7.62x39 rifle, charging handle is super tight. We will head to Stafford on Monday and see if they can swap it out under warranty. For the price nobody is complaining.

Any updates on the super tight charging handle? Or any others reviews?

Comment

Working...
                                X