Barn party patio addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As usual, I dragged my feet doing my concrete patio on my barn that I built about 4 years ago. My wife had been on me about it, but I just didn’t want to spend the money. But, also as usual, she decided to host a graduation party for my niece next weekend, knowing that it would motivate me to get some things done around here. So, 2 weeks ago, I cut grade on the crushed concrete that I’ve been dealing with for 4 years, set forms, tied rebar, and got concrete placed. To say that I’m happy with the (almost) finished product is an understatement. I wished I’d done it when I built the barn. Looking forward to hosting parties and neighborhood domino nights on the new party patio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5366 View Post
      Very Nice!

Thanks

Comment

Get out the dominos and shake them up.
        Looks nice.

Comment

Looks great, a very nice project. That sod looks great too.

Comment

Funny how these pretty ladies just know what is right! Looks great!

Comment

When should we show up and what should we bring!?

Party lights make a party barn complete. oh and some friends and drinks.

Nice work!

Comment

Looks great! How did the junction of the metal walls and the concrete turn out, or did you bring the concrete up to just below it?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                  Looks great! How did the junction of the metal walls and the concrete turn out, or did you bring the concrete up to just below it?

Thank y’all. I stopped the top of concrete flush with the rat guard/trim. At the doors I made a gentle ramp up to avoid having a 2 1/2” tall ledge.

Comment

Man that turned out awesome!!!!

Comment

I'm so particular about my grass that I'd have that fresh sod roped off with some construction fencing to make sure that nobody walked on my grass.

I'm sure that the fencing would kill the smooth party mood lighting that you have going on. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                        I'm so particular about my grass that I'd have that fresh sod roped off with some construction fencing to make sure that nobody walked on my grass.

I'm sure that the fencing would kill the smooth party mood lighting that you have going on. :-)

Haha I’m particular as well, but needed sod so that the top soil wasn’t getting tracked all over my new patio. I’m going to let it dry a day or two before the party this weekend, then I’ll wet it again and roll it next week.

Comment

My wife does same thing. I came home one day to find the previous linoleum floor of my kitchen in the driveway

Looks good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You did a good job !

Comment

Thank y’all. Trying figure out where I’m going to put the kegerator now.

Comment

Working...
                              X