Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey i want some to throw!

Comment

I bought an injector off Amazon for $29. The best Plastisol I found is from Dead on Plastics. I use the saltwater blend for the ones pictured. I use a worm blend for Senko style worms I bass fish with. The molds can get expensive. I have a 4 cavity Bass Assassin style mold and a 4 cavity Senko mold from Do-It molds. They're about $38 each. The smaller paddle tails and shrimp tails are single cavity molds from Amazon that cost about $25 each. The bigger paddle tails are open pour molds from Stankx Bait Company. They cost about $21. It's kinda time consuming so you need multi cavity molds to make a living at it, and they're very expensive. I just do it to have something different than every one else. Also it's pretty cool to make a lure and outsmart a fish with it.

Comment

nice job on the black / white combo...

you should ever decide to sale a few, I'm in for a few bags...

Comment

Cool deal!!! Send me some!!!! LOL!!

Comment

Man nice work. I'd throw those.

Comment

In the first picture you posted, the bait in the middle looks a lot like a Kelly Wiggler, and I can dig it! Can you post pictures of the process? Baits look professional!

Comment

I'm not real good at posting pictures, sorry. Look on youtube for videos from Worlds Worst Fishing. He has a bait company and shows how to do all of it. The shrimp tail is a little bigger than a Kelley Wiggler but it was the best looking shrimp tail mold I could find. It's by - best_nj soft plastic lures. It only makes one at a time so you inject it with white, open the mold and cut the tail off. Leave it in the mold and shoot the red in. I hope this helps

Comment

They look good, especially for hand poured. Good job.

Comment

My dream is to make affordable and durable Yamamoto Cowboys.
                    1 fish per lure stinks with they are $1.25 each

Comment

When you make them yourself they can be as hard or soft as you like. Harder has less action though.You buy different grades of Plastisol and can add hardened or softener to it. I tried making some molds with plaster of paris and failed badly. I'm going to try silicone next.

Comment

Awesome work.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          When you make them yourself they can be as hard or soft as you like. Harder has less action though.You buy different grades of Plastisol and can add hardened or softener to it. I tried making some molds with plaster of paris and failed badly. I'm going to try silicone next.
                          The silicone works GREAT, to make open pour molds.

What color/brand is the "red" colorant you used in the first picture and does it bleed onto the white??
                          Last edited by REDGUN; 01-22-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

It's from Dead On Plastics. It doesn't bleed at all. Their colors are very thick, it doesn't take a lot. I use open pour silicone now but I'd like to make some different molds.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              I dabbled some a while back. Slap a catchy name for the lures and your colors and you can sell them. The crazier the name the better. Lol
                              See “dirty hooker”. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                                See “dirty hooker”. Lmao.

Yep. My brother fishes with some lures, the color is called Chicken Shart. That’s the sole reason he fishes with it is because the name and he swears by it. Even if you outfish him with another color. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X