No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Astros ALCS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see someone growing up a yankee fan but jeez how can you not like the teams that the Astros have been putting on the field these last few years?! Plus I wouldn't want to be associated with those goofballs up there.

Comment

Anybody get tickets? It kept locking up on me, no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        I can see someone growing up a yankee fan but jeez how can you not like the teams that the Astros have been putting on the field these last few years?! Plus I wouldn't want to be associated with those goofballs up there.
        My dad and uncles were fans. I was a huge Yankee fan in the 70s and 80s. When we moved to Dallas my Dad and I migrated over to the Rangers. Support the home team. The Astros were always my NL team. I liked the 90s Yankee teams and Jeter unless they were playing the Rangers. I was totally pulling for the first Astros team that made the first WS for a Texas team. I can't anymore now that they are in our division, I discovered how much Houston folks hate Dallas due to social media. LOL. I pull for the Yankees when the Rangers aren't good. I watch playoff games and hope they win anyway. I don't cheer out loud or anything. I love the raucous atmosphere in the Bronx. I won't be mad if the Astros win.

Comment

Grew up a Yankee fan along with my brothers since my dad engraved it into us in the 70's.

Never been a fan of either the Astros or Rangers.

Comment

my expectations for Greinke are pretty low tonight. Would be thrilled if he gave us five innings with three runs allowed

Comment

Gotta keep it rolling tonight!!![emoji461]️

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                Grew up a Yankee fan along with my brothers since my dad engraved it into us in the 70's.

Cool! Maybe you should check out the "Official 2019 Yankees ALCS" thread!

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post

Just giving you a hard time. Not to late to become an Astro fan for the series!

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                    my expectations for Greinke are pretty low tonight. Would be thrilled if he gave us five innings with three runs allowed
                    I'll take 6 and 2 instead and call it bueno

Comment

I kinda wish they’d give urquidy the start and bring in Greinke if needed...

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post

With Tanaka goin' tonite for the Yanks, 3 runs may be too many to spot 'em...

Comment

Tanaka was good last game but he has weakness too. He has been roughed up on multiple outings and has a 4.45 era on the year. He was only 11 and 9 for the season. Hell, Wade Miley had better numbers then he did. I think everyone is overreacting. The Stros wont be intimidated in facing him and I would venture to guess they will not get shut out by him again. I think it is going to be a 5-4 type of game. Hopefully the Astros on the winning end of that score!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                            Anybody get tickets? It kept locking up on me, no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I couldn't get in

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              Tanaka was good last game but he has weakness too. He has been roughed up on multiple outings and has a 4.45 era on the year. He was only 11 and 9 for the season. Hell, Wade Miley had better numbers then he did. I think everyone is overreacting. The Stros wont be intimidated in facing him and I would venture to guess they will not get shut out by him again. I think it is going to be a 5-4 type of game. Hopefully the Astros on the winning end of that score!
                              Good stuff right here

Comment

Greinke is due a quality outing. If they can pull it off tonight its bad news for the Yankees. I don't see them combing back from a loss tonight. Got my Astros shirt on, and I'm ready for the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X