X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COLT Gold Cup National Match Series 70

you can find them for $1000-1500 if you search around

Comment

Kimber, Ruger or Springfield. All good solid performing guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        COLT Gold Cup National Match Series 70

you can find them for $1000-1500 if you search around

Another vote for a classic. I have a Gold Cup Trophy. One fine handgun.

Comment

For the money , probably Springfield

Comment

I’ve owned a Citadel, several Taurus, a few RIA, and two different Kimber TLEs. Now all I have is a stainless Taurus I bought from Rodney Carrington’s cousin and a RIA GI model I inherited from my dad. I couldn’t tell the difference between the Taurus and the Kimber, neither could my buddy.

Comment

Just get a series 70 and be done with it. I carry one everyday.

Comment

Colt Delta in the best millimeter is really a terrific sidearm

Comment

I'll just go with one of these. RIA has been manufacturing 1911's since early 1900's. Some say they even worked with the US Armory to get started way back during WWI and produced 1911's for other allies. The 2 that I own are the most accurate 1911's I have ever owned. My newest is the double stack version called a 2011.
                  First 2 magazines of my handloads @ 7 yards made me smile.
                  My oldest is a standard Mil spec RIA 1911 that shoots just as good.
                  Also have a Sig 1911 C3 that is a great carry gun and it too shoots well.
                  Don't overlook the RIA pistols. Maybe not the name recognition but they will hang with the best for a lot less $$$
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a Para Ordnance P-14. Something about a 1911 that holds 14+1 .45 ACP does it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much help, because I fit my own together, But I like Scheumann and Wilson barrels, in that order, and Cylinder and Slide internal parts, and i usually fit Ed Brown beavertails to mine. One of mine is a 6" 10mm I built with a Fusion slide and barrel and it's a shooter, too.. You might consider having someone build you one.
                      Last edited by softpoint; 12-01-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I’m going with the Staccato 2011 for sure now I’m trying to figure out if I want the XC or get the XL with a upgraded threaded barrel. This is tough.

Comment

Dan Wesson, Springfield, ruger

Comment

I agree 100% with above post buy muzzlewbreak RRA are very well made and accurate
                            They are made in the Philippines but don't underestimate for the price.
                            Ruger would also be a very good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              If it's not a Colt.....it's really not a 1911 is it?
                              Same for AR?

Comment

While Colt manufactured the first 1911's for the military but they were not the only ones to make the 1911's. Other's who made them for the military are Remington-Rand, Ithaca, Union Switch and Signal, and Singer.

Comment

Working...
                                X