Trip to Hawaii or the Bahamas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to Hawaii or the Bahamas?

I’m wanting to take the family on a trip to Hawaii or the Bahamas next year. We will have a 5yo and a 10yo with us. I want to hear some input on the two places. I went to the Bahamas when I was kid but o really don’t remember much from the trip except I had fun. I want to know the best places to stay that are kid friendly and that won’t break the bank. My budget for the trip is $6000 or less. Thanks for your help!

Never been to Hawaii but I know a lot about the Bahamas, particularly Bimini and mostly from a fishing standpoint.

Bimini is really not a great place to take kids. Nassau is! They got some cool stuff there and the poeple are great throughout the Islands.

I'm gonna bet Hawaii is a better option with the kids if the Rona thing finally settles down.

RIght now the Bahamas are basically closed to tourists.

Comment

There is a Disney Hotel in Hawaii. I have never been to Bahamas, but I have to say that Hawaii is beautiful to no end and so much to see and do.

Comment

For airline and lodging/food in Hawaii will be at least 3/4 of you budget. Also that is a looooooong flight for a young family. There will be lots of bargains when this virus lifts so be ready to book. The islands will definitely be looking to capture the southern U.S. tourists.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
          Never been to Hawaii but I know a lot about the Bahamas, particularly Bimini and mostly from a fishing standpoint.

Bimini is really not a great place to take kids. Nassau is! They got some cool stuff there and the poeple are great throughout the Islands.

I'm gonna bet Hawaii is a better option with the kids if the Rona thing finally settles down.

RIght now the Bahamas are basically closed to tourists.
          I’ve never been either. I’ve heard Hawaii is shut down also. I’m looking towards the beginning of next year so hopefully this crap will be done with.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            For airline and lodging/food in Hawaii will be at least 3/4 of you budget. Also that is a looooooong flight for a young family. There will be lots of bargains when this virus lifts so be ready to book. The islands will definitely be looking to capture the southern U.S. tourists.
            I’m living in Washington state right now so the flight won’t be too bad. I’m hoping for a deal once this stuff lifts.

Comment

I just did 8 nights in the Bahamas with the family. Had a Villa in Atlantis and it was a once in a lifetime trip, the kids had a blast! Just get ready to to open up the wallet, it is an expensive trip.

Comment

Hawaii is out on your budget in my opinion. You could go to the Bahamas easily. I would look other than Nassau. Gran Bahama or Exuma maybe. Nassau is nice but way busy for me

Comment

I would agree that Hawaii is gonna be hard to do for that budget. My vote would be Bahamas Atlantis or another resort and day pass at Atlantis kids would have a lot of fun there.

Comment

Hawaii, do the big island, lots of stuff for the kids. Hikes, pill boxes, jeep tours, Perl Harbor, movie location sites...VRBO for lodging, cook your own meals.

Comment

If your on the West Coast your airfare may be cheaper than Bahamas. I’d do the math and you could have a great time either place

Comment

Done both, I'd say go to Maui. There are some good options for VRBO for a family of 4 that are not too expensive. You won't run out of things to do. There are numerous different beaches, all with different feel, hiking, waterfalls, aquarium, road to Hana, golf, etc. It is much more diverse that the Bahamas. I love the Bahamas, but I'd pick Maui over the Bahamas, especially coming from Wa State

Comment

I would think Hawaii would be boring for kids and I lived on Oahu.....I would rather go to gulf panhandle

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Not sure if still goes on, but several years ago, found out it was cheaper to fly to Vegas and then Vegas to Hawaii. I did an overnight because plane had A/C problem and almost everybody on plane lived in Hawaii. Said it was cheap trip.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Almost any place in the Caribbean is as beautiful as Hawaii and much cheaper. 6K is not enough, especially like Maui.
                              The only trade off to me is no one in Hawaii is always trying to sell you something. Hawaii is not as impoverished as a lot of the Caribbean islands. 6K will take you much further in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X