Tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor

Hey all. I am looking at some property. It needs a lot of fence work, a lot of demolition and clearing of old buildings and heavy objects. It’s pasture land so I don’t see me doing mowing or anything, but lots of post holes, lifting cattle guards, moving old concrete, and building supplies, etc etc.

How big do Would I need? I don’t know what I don’t know so y’all give me the run down.

With that amount of work a "farm" tractor isn't really cut out for that type of work. Will it do it absolutely but I'd try to find you a good used skid steer and get to work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe a telehandler

Comment

Buy yourself a backhoe.

Comment

Skidsteer..............

Comment

A skid steer with a standard bucket and a grappler bucket initially is what I purchased then a set of forks and then a hay spike and on and on. I now have about 13 or so attachments that I use regularly. My next purchase is going to be a post driver for some fences I'm going to build. The skid steer is so quick and nimble and allows for quick repositioning to get a different angle. I traded my first skid steer for a tracked skid steer and that unit is even better then the rubbered tire one.

I also own tractors but my go to is always the skid steer. It is the handiest tool on the ranch for everything. Once you learn to use one you will wonder how you ever got along without it. Tractors are too cumbersome for the work you described you are wanting to do.

Comment

Skid steer is the only way to go for the type of work you’re describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skid steer. All of your work is in front of you where you can see it.

Comment

Ok. So school me on skid steers. I was hoping to buy a well kept used tractor in the 15k range. I don’t see many skid steers in that price range.

Comment

Skid steer man! I’ve got a tractor, my neighbor has a skid steer. His is 10x more useful for that kind of work.

Comment

You can do what your talking about with a tractor plus buy a disc and shredder. Skid loaders are great but cost a lot more than a good used tractor. The biggest problem with skid loaders is cost.

Comment

Skidsteer is your answer.

Comment

Buy it, use it, sell it

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                            Buy it, use it, sell it

Problem is that you won’t want to sell it after you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok... new game. 15k max to spend. Probably rules out a skid steer. Annnnnnd Go.

Comment

Working...
                              X