Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

SCAM ALERT - MT Hunting Outfitter Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCAM ALERT - MT Hunting Outfitter Inc.

I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament I'm currently in.

Long story short, a buddy and I booked a Montana Bear Hunt with Beau Burch of MT Hunting Outfitter Inc. in August of last year. The hunt is booked for the second week of June coming up. We both paid our deposits of $1,000 each and touched base again with Beau in December. At the end of February we reached out again and spoke with Beau to solidify plans for flying in Missoula in June...no problems at this time and he seemed very knowledgeable and helpful in regards to our logistical questions.

About two weeks ago I emailed him to touch base one last time with our flight itinerary for the upcoming trip. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I sent a follow up text. Another week goes by and today I jump online and look up his outfit on facebook and it seems that for the last week or so folks are chiming in that he's lost his Outfitter license in MT and now nobody can get a hold of him. Others are stating that he's bounced with their deposits and they've already called into the local sheriff's office to report the fraud. I just got off the phone with the Stevensville, MT Sheriff's Office myself doing the same thing.

Aside from the obvious PO'd nature of this, which I'll continue to follow down whatever rabbit trail I need to.....is there any chance of salvaging a western MT bear hunt this close out?

We've both got our bear tags in hand and flights booked to Missoula. I figured it was a long shot but, maybe someone out there knows of an outfitter who'd be willing to toss in two hunters.

Thanks

Jake
    Last edited by Tarleton Jake; 05-23-2021, 12:09 PM.

Wow. Sorry you’re having to deal with that. Good luck finding somewhere. I will check with a couple people and see if I can help ya

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Wow. Sorry you’re having to deal with that. Good luck finding somewhere. I will check with a couple people and see if I can help ya
      Many thanks!

Jake

Comment

Airlines are currently pretty liberal with their cancellation policy so you might be able to change flights to a different location. This would expand the possible locations for your replacement hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          Airlines are currently pretty liberal with their cancellation policy so you might be able to change flights to a different location. This would expand the possible locations for your replacement hunt.
          This is true enough, so it would definitely be a possibility.

Thanks

Jake

Comment

That sucks ! Sorry your hunt turned out this way. No help here, all I’ve ever hunted in MT is mule deer and not in bear country. Good luck, I’ve dealt with scum outfitters before, it hardly ever turns out well.

Comment

Hate to hear this. No help on options.

Comment

Are you required to use a outfitter in MT?
                If not, and you have the tag, I would be planning a DIY hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Are you required to use a outfitter in MT?
                  If not, and you have the tag, I would be planning a DIY hunt.
                  I’m not 100% but, I don’t think you’re required to use an outfitter. I would at least try a DIY hunt. I’ve had great luck with local help on previous hunts in MT. Good luck with your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                    I’m not 100% but, I don’t think you’re required to use an outfitter. I would at least try a DIY hunt. I’ve had great luck with local help on previous hunts in MT. Good luck with your situation.
                    I would start contacting taxidermist's in Montana. A lot of them are outfitters and most can point you in the right direction..

Comment

Originally posted by Tarleton Jake View Post
                      I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament I'm currently in.

Long story short, a buddy and I booked a Montana Bear Hunt with Beau Burch of MT Hunting Outfitter Inc. in August of last year. The hunt is booked for the second week of June coming up. We both paid our deposits of $1,000 each and touched base again with Beau in December. At the end of February we reached out again and spoke with Beau to solidify plans for flying in Missoula in June...no problems at this time and he seemed very knowledgeable and helpful in regards to our logistical questions.

About two weeks ago I emailed him to touch base one last time with our flight itinerary for the upcoming trip. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I sent a follow up text. Another week goes by and today I jump online and look up his outfit on facebook and it seems that for the last week or so folks are chiming in that he's lost his Outfitter license in MT and now nobody can get a hold of him. Others are stating that he's bounced with their deposits and they've already called into the local sheriff's office to report the fraud. I just got off the phone with the Stevensville, MT Sheriff's Office myself doing the same thing.

Aside from the obvious PO'd nature of this, which I'll continue to follow down whatever rabbit trail I need to.....is there any chance of salvaging a western MT bear hunt this close out?

We've both got our bear tags in hand and flights booked to Missoula. I figured it was a long shot but, maybe someone out there knows of an outfitter who'd be willing to toss in two hunters.

Thanks

Jake
                      Will send you a pm of our guide. He is a good guy, hunted with him more than once for elk, he may get you a hook up for bear.

Comment

The guy I was thinking of can’t help ya.

Like mentioned already if you can’t find an outfitter look at DIY options.

Comment

O crap man, sorry for your troubles.

Comment

I know a good outfit in White Sulphur Springs but he just told me their bear season ends the end of May. I told him about your situation and he is checking with some outfitters he knows in the western part of the state where the season is open until June 15th. If he comes up with any leads I'll let you know.

Comment

Contact the outfitters association in Montana as well, they my be able to help out.

Hope it works out for you !

Comment

Working...
                              X