No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang these ETX bruisers keep falling! Congrats to all the hunters!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Had full intent of being in the stand this morning. Truck is even loaded. Main water line to my house bubbling in the front yard says.....elll no[emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It would’ve been there when you got back [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Had full intent of being in the stand this morning. Truck is even loaded. Main water line to my house bubbling in the front yard says.....elll no[emoji35]

Turn it off at the meter or well and take the whole family to the lease! Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
          I was waiting to see what the other 13 bucks looked like that morning...
          I know, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time because you really did have an impossible decision to make.
          Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-16-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            It would’ve been there when you got back [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            Turn it off at the meter or well and take the whole family to the lease! Problem solved!
            Hahaha....family is going. Found the leak. 10 million roots later

Comment

What's the activity looking like up in the Houstony/Anderson County area right now? I was up near Throckmorton hunting most of last week and I'm heading up near Grapeland/Elkhart tonight. Does the peak of the rut seem to be cooling off or just getting good from what y'all are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                What's the activity looking like up in the Houstony/Anderson County area right now? I was up near Throckmorton hunting most of last week and I'm heading up near Grapeland/Elkhart tonight. Does the peak of the rut seem to be cooling off or just getting good from what y'all are seeing?
                Every buck I've seen is either locked on a doe or chasing pretty hard I hunt in Pennington I've hunted every other day since the opener. My buck I shot was locked on a doe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Profshng View Post
                  Every buck I've seen is either locked on a doe or chasing pretty hard I hunt in Pennington I've hunted every other day since the opener. My buck I shot was locked on a doe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  Thanks. I'm hoping there is a lot of activity this weekend.

Comment

This afternoon's hunt brought to you by lowes,dewalt sawzall,tru temper shovels, pipe cleaner stained hands and mexican ibuprofen.

I'll be carrying the APR bang stick and taking no prisoners. Shame on an acorn eating slick head.

Comment

One loan boar that crossed the road faster than i could get the rifle up. Campfire and refreshment time.

Comment

Ill be in the stand come 530am!

Comment

21 deer between Etoile & Chireno...they b moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I know, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time because you really did have an impossible decision to make.
                            Easy decision now with half a side gone. I knew those older 8s were going to be a problem.

Comment

I’ve hunted more days than not since opening of rifle. Up until last Monday the does still had their fawns with them. Got here yesterday and new scrapes and rubs where there weren’t any and finally seeing single mature does. I finally shot a doe when I’ve passed on so many already. Got some daylight pictures of two 8 points at my wife’s feeder this week. Hopefully the rut is finally starting.
                              Southern Polk county.

Comment

Not looking to promising in my neck of the woods. Corn is piling up and only night time pictures. Was hoping the freeze up here would ruin the acorns.. Somebody ease my mind hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X