Determining Gun Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Determining Gun Value

My dad has a CZ 550 chambered in 9.3x62 that he can no longer shoot because the recoil is too uncomfortable for him. He does not recall how much he paid for it but is wanting to sell it for the above reason, does anyone have any idea of where I can help him determine an approximate value?

Need more 411...sold items are $850 - $1800 depending on configuration & condition.

He has a good gun & just need to nail down the details.

Comment

Which stock?

Comment

Take it to Pawn Stars. Whatever Cory offers it's worth 3 times that.

Comment

It’s the synthetic stock with a white webbing is the best way to describe it. He has shot it 8 times and it will come with 2.5 box rounds of Hornady ammo.

Comment

Look on Gubroker….it should give you a good idea on how to price it

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
              Look on Gubroker….it should give you a good idea on how to price it
              Use the completed listings to see the actual sale price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The 550s are highly sought after these days. They are great rifles. I still have one in 243. I have only seen a handful with synthetic stocks. I agree with Artos. $800+.

Comment

Kevlar with 2 boxes of ammo I’m thinking 1500.00
                  Last edited by BigL71; 07-18-2021, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Collectors Firearms has a line that you can send in pics of the weapon and they will give you an estimate of value. Add $50.00-100.00 to that and you should be good.

Comment

That’s good to know, will recommend that to him.

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      Collectors Firearms has a line that you can send in pics of the weapon and they will give you an estimate of value. Add $50.00-100.00 to that and you should be good.

Comment

Tell him NOT to sell it to a dealer unless he wants to get bent over. That includes collectors firearms

Comment

Again, add to the amount that Collectors gives you. What your getting is an opinion of value from whom ever you ask.

Comment

Copy that. I wouldn’t let him do that.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Tell him NOT to sell it to a dealer unless he wants to get bent over. That includes collectors firearms

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Again, add to the amount that Collectors gives you. What your getting is an opinion of value from whom ever you ask.
                              I wasn’t disagreeing. I cringe when I see folks sell guns cheap to dealers. McBride’s is bad. But folks do it often.

Comment

Working...
                              X