Nissan Frontier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Frontier

Any Frontier owners out there that haven an opinion?

I'm starting to look for a truck and had settled on a Tacoma but the Frontier has caught my eye mostly because they cost a lot less.

I don't do any towing or serious hauling - just looking for something reliable that I can drive for the next 6-7 years that has a truck-bed.

Thanks,
    Mike

I had a Frontier 4x4 a few years back and it was a tough truck. No issues with it. The only knock I ever read about them is that Nissan has not fancied them up and kept up with times. Has pretty much been the same truck for years.

Comment

have a 1017 frontier and very pleased my thrid one .

Comment

Don’t own one but watch a ton of Australia’s YouTube 4x4 videos
        the Nissan gas Model with a OEM locker is a very worthy truck lots and lots are used overseas, in major industrial applications like mining and construction
        2nd only to a Toyota Hilux/ taco in diesel

Comment

2017 crew cab 4x4 owner here. 71,000 trouble free miles so far. Get the 6 cylinder if you do get one. I have pulled my little 18’ center console with it and it does just fine.

Comment

Solid

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Some good info here. And, plenty of reviews.

https://www.edmunds.com/nissan/front...SAAEgJMufD_BwE
            I would definitely recommend buying one if you are looking for a solid low tech truck , IMO the frontier proofed “ if it isn’t broke don’t try to fix it “ not much on bells and whistles, just solid

Comment

I have a 07 we use as a ranch truck. I’ve put that little pickup through **ll and it just keeps on going. We haul 20 bags of protein at a time. Only real problem I’ve had is I left the hood down and the south Texas rats ate all my spark plug wires so I had to replace them but you live and learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have an 04, 2 wd 4 door. Has been a great truck. 180,000 miles and I love it.

pray for rain

Comment

Haven't owned a "frontier" exactly but I've owned 4 nissan trucks and one Datsun, done most everything but tannerite and fire, pretty much a drive it until it rust from underneath you vehicle.

Comment

We liked ours the v6 is a pulling little motor. Made many a trip to big shell and back in ours. Now we have Titans and Armadas with no complaints.

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't mind the "low tech" and dated body style. Reliability and cost is key for me right now.

Comment

I have a crew cab 2014 V6 and it’s been a great little truck so far. Got 60k miles on it

Comment

Got a '12 for a service truck. Very dependable. As said before, go with the 6 cy.

Comment

Don’t think you’ll find anything that checks the two boxes reliability and low cost like the frontier. Dang good trucks and the 4.0 in them is a capable engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X