Big Game ladder stands with the mesh seat - Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Game ladder stands with the mesh seat - Questions

I recently bought a new ladder stand. I wrote a big post about it and decided to cut it down a bit to the basics.

1) Had issues with it right out of the box
    2) Only option was return - and they didn't make this one anymore.
    3) Didn't like any of the others available, so I kept it and emailed Big Game
    4) They sent me a new stand - no charge. But it's less capacity (300 vice 350), and there is nothing under the mesh seat like the original one I purchased. That one had a full length floor.

So I'm looking at this NYLON mesh seat and thinking, "Can this even stay in the woods all season?" I looked on Big Games site under FAQ, and they don't recommend leaving any of their products in the woods for more than 2 weeks!

Who leaves a ladder stand up for only two weeks?

So... to those that have the Big Game ladder stands with mesh seats, and have left them out for extended periods of time - do they deteriorate badly? Is this something I have to worry about all season long?

All the best,
    Glenn
    Last edited by cajuntec; 07-26-2021, 02:48 PM.

I don’t know about Big Game, but i have two of the Game Winner loc on’s with a very similar mesh seat. Have had them for 5 seasons and still going. Put out, east Texas, in September and not pulled down until Feb usually. No dry rot yet. Again, its not the same seat, but very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the concern with leaving stands out is the straps, not the mesh seat. As Bloodstick mentioned, I have other stands with similar material seat and love em. No issues leaving them out for the season, doesn't soak up water, and the squirrels have left them alone so far...

Comment

Comment

The mesh seat is not comfortable for long sits and noisy- I put a piece of 1/2 inch ply on it and carried a good cushion. My butt could not handle the mesh

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post

That's my fear... right there. There is nothing under that seat to keep you from going down until your safety rope catches. And if it does it while I'm sitting in it, there is that bar up front under your knees, so I'd be doing a back flip before going down. Right after having neck surgery this year.

Thanks for that pic. Now I'm terrified of it.

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              The mesh seat is not comfortable for long sits and noisy- I put a piece of 1/2 inch ply on it and carried a good cushion. My butt could not handle the mesh
              1/2 inch plywood! Dude! I'm not rich!

Just kidding. Good suggestion. I may even just find a way to put more bars across and add some metal mesh and a cushion.

All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

I changed the original, as I discovered I had missed something. This isn't a metal mesh seat I'm talking about, it's a nylon mesh seat.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cajuntec; 07-26-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post

Wow, that looks more like cotton fabric than it does mesh. Thats awful pathetic for a treestand seat.

The one on the Game Winner sets is like trampoline material.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                    I changed the original, as I discovered I had missed something. This isn't a metal mesh seat I'm talking about, it's a nylon mesh seat.
                    I have one with a seat similar to that. It's been out 4 or 5 years and I'd hunt it right now.

How much you want for the one pictured? I need to replace a little one like the stand up the page.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't stand to hunt out of those little stands. I always build my own ladder stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I have one with a seat similar to that. It's been out 4 or 5 years and I'd hunt it right now.

How much you want for the one pictured? I need to replace a little one like the stand up the page.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        If I sold it, it would be a local sale, as I live in VA and it's already assembled.

All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          Wow, that looks more like cotton fabric than it does mesh. Thats awful pathetic for a treestand seat.

The one on the Game Winner sets is like trampoline material.
                          Actually... yeah, I hadn't placed it, but that's what this material is like - trampoline material. I wasn't thinking about that. I guess if they leave trampolines out and they are fine, then this should be fine.. but then again - I look back at that pic and see what I was expecting to come across one morning in the dark. I wonder how long that one was left out, and if it was the same material as mine is.

All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

I've had one out for about 6-7 yrs with no problems.

but I do inspect the hardware holding it together every year... so far no problems.

mine has an expanded steel mesh seat; which I put a cushion on top of.

Comment

I place two heavy duty garbage bags over the seat and backrest after the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                              X