Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stroke Rehab Centers-anyone w/ experience on admin side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stroke Rehab Centers-anyone w/ experience on admin side?

My father was recently admitted to an in-patient rehabilitation center as a result of a stroke. He has been there one week with very little substantive progress. I am concerned about the quality and continuum of care he’s receiving but am unsure as to how to attack the problem.

Anyone with experience or insight into this realm of patient advocacy and care?

Prayers up !

Comment

Bump for you. Most of them I have heard about really push the patients to have good recoveries.
      Prayers sent for your dad.

Comment

Thank you both for your kind sentiments.

I’m sure the Independence Day weekend has thrown a wrench into an otherwise carefully coordinated continuum of care, however, we’ve had three…no, four…different doctors, each with opposing opinions, writing orders for medications, and the only one that seems to work is one that only one doctor agrees is best for him. And, as it turns out, that doctor is on vacation this week. Add to that a b*tchy case manager who “refuses to get in the middle of that,” and, well, it’s enough to lead a lesser woman to drink.

Signed,
        A Lesser Woman

Comment

Dear ALW,

My MIL had a stroke about 6 months ago. The entire process of rehab has been a joke on the admin side, doc side, and after care side. My wife had to get involved thru political process to get any kind of decent response. (She knows people. Lol) It’s been a nightmare from day one. Thankfully, the MIL is doing ok but only because of the amount of time that has passed. Very little credit goes to her medical teams.

Oh and the hospital where she started out at was the absolute worst. Totally incompetent.
          Last edited by Fishndude; 07-06-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I would take him here. Memorial Hermann TIRR in the Woodlands.

The hospital's inpatient center offers multidisciplinary inpatient and outpatient medical rehabilitation and is designed to help patients reach optimal functionality following an injury or illness.

Comment

Where is the location. I own and operate skilled nursing facilities throughout Texas and if we cannot help directly I can make recommendations on the best places in your area. Inpatient rehab facilities are designed for folks that can typically be discharged home within 14 days give or take. Does this seem reasonable to you? If not a skilled nursing facility might be better fit and in that setting (depending on the insurer) you can get rehab for up to 100 days. Feel free to pm me of you have questions.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X