Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bait for Coon trapping with Duke's traps?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use ours around the feeder and just use corn. Most mornings and some evenings during the fall we have a coon caught.

Comment

I use can tuna in the winter and corn soaked in Red PowerAde in the summer... to keep the dang fire ants from eating it all up before the coons show.

Comment

pellet pond fish food.

Comment

Originally posted by Calitexembalmer View Post
          pellet pond fish food.
          If you don't like scraping marshmellows and soggy cat food out of your traps, this is your bait.

Comment

My boys always use Golden Nuggets and catch the heck out of them. A bag lasts them for next to forever.

Comment

I use honey roasted peanuts

Comment

you catfood & sardine guys have obviously never caught a skunk or you wouldn't still be using catfood & sardines.

and you moon pie guys have obviously never put a moon pie in the microwave for about 12 seconds or you wouldn't be wasting them on coons.

Comment

Are you using dog proof traps?
                  If so, its hard to beat Reuwsaats Annihilator trigger bait..
                  No mess, smells great, reusable.. works like a charm.

Comment

Dry cat or dog food isn't a mess for us. We don't leave them set when we aren't there and we trip and dump them before we leave.

Comment

I’ve always used corn and had the best luck.

Comment

I use dry cat food

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          you catfood & sardine guys have obviously never caught a skunk or you wouldn't still be using catfood & sardines.
                          My buddy did catch a skunk in one one time. It was hilarious to see him on the cell cam dressed like it was a nuclear fallout. LOL...He was not happy but I thought it was dam funny because I was not there.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Dry cat or dog food isn't a mess for us. We don't leave them set when we aren't there and we trip and dump them before we leave.
                          We do the same.

Comment

We've had two skunks and a ring tail cat in them. I released the ring tail.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

for live traps i use corn. just pour it in through the top. a lot of it falls through the bottom. they go in there after it. super easy, no mess.

Comment

Halloween candy CORN & cat food work best for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X