Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Truck Tires for South Texas Ranch Roads/Senderos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let them talk you into the 6ply if you go GY...not near the same puncture proof. If you are doing mostly hwy driving it is easily the best option. The others are not any tougher & substantially louder

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like GY Kevlar, BFG AT, and Ridge Grapplers should all be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
      Second this BFG KO2

Thick ply, and I get 70k miles or better out of every pair we have had. (20+ sets since 2009)

But from discount tire and get the warranty and you’ll never look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      100% agree. Never got a thorn flat and quiet on the highway.

Comment

Checkout Goodyear Fierce tires. They handle the caliche very good.

Comment

I ran Goodyear Kevlars about 10 years ago on a few different trucks and they all separated on me after 20k. Looked them up online on reviews and everyone was saying the same, especially on gravel roads.

Comment

Love my Nitto Exo Grapplers.

Comment

When I lived down south I ran Goodyear Duratracs on my Tacoma and Silverado.

Hunted out of my Tacoma most of the time and never got a flat. Drove over plenty of pear flats and through roller chopped mesquite. Can’t say the same for my Chevy, but that’s probably because I ran a tree stump through the sidewall.

Comment

Toyo M55’s are a good bet

Comment

Cooper STT Max (or maybe ST Max). Been running these a few years now. Seems like every oil field truck I saw was running these Coopers so I figured they gotta be tough. And they are. Ran Toyo MT’s prior but they just got too expensive. Ran BFG’s before that but just had way too many issues. I’m really surprised with all the BFG responses on here. They would be last on my list. Well, them and anything with Goodyear on the side.

Comment

I've had cooper st maxx through a ton of honey locust and mesquite thorns with no leaks. Them and the the stt pro have an extra layer of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                      This
                      I got 75k on my last set of grapplers

Comment

Bfg at

Comment

Historically, I’ve got the best price and mileage out of Nittos, but I’m trying a set of Toyos now. The verdict is still out on them, so my recommendation is Nittos.

Comment

Get yourself a set of Cooper tires and go hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
                              Get yourself a set of Cooper tires and go hunting.
                              Yep I don’t get the best life out of them due to my neglect mainly. But they perform great and are tough!! Been running STT max, Pros for years with great luck. Had one set of ATs on my wife’s truck that didn’t hold up worth a $$$$ and they warrantied $100 per tire. Think we only got 35k miles out of those. So I just stick with the Stt max.

Comment

Any 10 ply will work.

I got a new paintjob, passenger side bed fender, exhaust and bumper thanks to some BFG's peeling the rubber off at 75mph!
                                Last edited by Traildust; 04-11-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X