Thumb Release Anchor point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumb Release Anchor point

So made the switch from wrist to thumb release.

What’s everyone’s anchor point for a thumb release?

Index finger nuckle under ear feels good and quick =hand is horizontal
    Feels weird with pinky knuckle under ear with hand vertical

Still playing around to find the best

I’m shooting to the right but that’s an easy fix with sight adj
    Last edited by beads; 03-26-2023, 01:58 PM.

Pm sent

Comment

Vertical isn’t consistent. Atleast wasn’t for me

Comment

I put a knuckle under under/behind ear, string to corner of mouth with kisser, and nose touching string. Some say it’s too much but with 3 spots to anchor it can only make me more consistent as well as helps when shooting at angles, or it helps me at least.

Comment

Thanks! Will I need to redo my peep sight? Or should I find an anchor that works with it. Peep sight was for wrist release and different anchor of course

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
            Vertical isn’t consistent. Atleast wasn’t for me

https://youtu.be/HQaSsfnXMPE

Thanks! That’s what I needed!

Comment

I am still working on mine. Going from a tension to a thumb, I figured there would be no difference. Turns out the thumb release is about 6" to the right at 40 yards.

Thanks kd for the video. Once track season is over, I plan to jump into shooting again.

Comment

Anchoring with jawline between the first and second knuckles of release hand. Ideally not back behind your jaw, but actually along the bottom of it. Dudley has a good setup video of this:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaSsfnXMPE"]How to Anchor Properly to achieve maximum accuracy with a compound bow: John Dudley of Nock On - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Just went through this change over myself…… anyone have any tips on peep adjustment, I find myself shooting low.

Comment

I tried the switch between seasons a few years ago. I had to anchor index finger knuckle to my mouth corner, which just messed with my "full draw" from a shoulders/arms standpoint. Could never get comfortable and was inconsistent with my shots so I ended up going back to an index finger release. I'd say anywhere you can make extremely consistent is a good anchor point, especially if you can combo a face/hand anchor with a face/string point (e.g. kisser or nose button), will set you straight in the long term. As long as you're consistent with your eye-peep-sight, you'll be good wherever you anchor, IMO. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                      Anchoring with jawline between the first and second knuckles of release hand. Ideally not back behind your jaw, but actually along the bottom of it. Dudley has a good setup video of this:

How to Anchor Properly to achieve maximum accuracy with a compound bow: John Dudley of Nock On - YouTube
                      Follow what Dudley says, go forth and kill

Comment

Originally posted by Divergent View Post
                        Just went through this change over myself…… anyone have any tips on peep adjustment, I find myself shooting low.
                        Find your consistent anchor without regard to where your peep is. Your peep is movable; your anchor shouldn't be. When you find your new anchor, you should be able to close your eyes, draw your bow to anchor, open your eyes, and your peep should be roughly centered on your sight housing. You shouldn't have to move your head to see thru the peep.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post

Find your consistent anchor without regard to where your peep is. Your peep is movable; your anchor shouldn't be. When you find your new anchor, you should be able to close your eyes, draw your bow to anchor, open your eyes, and your peep should be roughly centered on your sight housing. You shouldn't have to move your head to see thru the peep.
                          ^^^ This.

Comment

Working...
                          X