Single Pin Sight opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Pin Sight opinions

Any opinions on these single pin sights currently posted on campfire?

Looking to switch to single pin, but I don't have the kind of money to buy the ones that are recommended on here.

Prices look okay.
    It shouldn't be too hard to find some online reviews.

Comment

I know nothing about those. But if its me im buying the most expensive one because my resale will likely be better if I dont like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        I know nothing about those. But if its me im buying the most expensive one because my resale will likely be better if I dont like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        great point!

Comment

I have a Covert Pro on one of my setups and really like it. Been using it for three years now on the same set of batteries. Paid over $200 for it.

Comment

Buy my hhs tetra max for 325 You won’t look back

Comment

I have a spot hog fast eddy which I really like because it has the single pin from the bottom but has two spots on it. So you have two ranges on the single pin. Only thing I don’t like is that it doesn’t gather light as well as some especially in a blind or low light. But for stalking it’s great because you always have two range pins without it cluttering your sight picture.

Comment

try one at an archery shop to see if this is the way you want to go. I went from a 5 pin to a single pin, back to a 7 pin sight. Wasnt my thing and ran me about 600 for the trial

Comment

The Covert single pin is a great sight for the price. Lots of adjustments, well built, etc. Its what I had before I got a fast eddie, but for the money would be hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt777 View Post
                    try one at an archery shop to see if this is the way you want to go. I went from a 5 pin to a single pin, back to a 7 pin sight. Wasnt my thing and ran me about 600 for the trial
                    I've shot my buddies bow. He has top of the line equipment, including his single pin sight. I loved it so much I knew that I wanted to switch.

I decided to hold off on the new sight for now. At the end of the day, you're 100% correct, I don't want to spend lots of money figuring out that I was good with my current set up.

Comment

Don't know anything about that sight. I'm sure it's fine though. I've used the HHA Optimizer Lite and I really like it. Light, simple, and relatively inexpensive.

Recently got a Tommy Hogg single pin on a used bow and it's great, but they are certainly not cheap.

For what it's worth, I absolutely love the single pin sight and don't think I will ever go back.
                      Last edited by TheSchwartz; 01-23-2023, 10:39 AM. Reason: Adding to it

Comment

Originally posted by TheSchwartz View Post
                        Don't know anything about that sight. I'm sure it's fine though. I've used the HHA Optimizer Lite and I really like it. Light, simple, and relatively inexpensive.
                        ^ The optimizer Light is a great one to start out with. And it won't set you back much at all.

Comment

The Apex tend to strip out pretty easily on the adjustments if you have it tightened down too much.

And I say that having used HHA, Spot Hogg and Black Gold. I've managed to do that only once with a Black Gold in comparison and they fixed it, no questions asked, though I did have to send it it. Apex customer service hasn't been as good to deal with, but that was about 4 years ago. Hopefully its changed. They are not as robust as the other brands I've mentioned, but they're okay for the money.

Comment

Working...
                          X