It has been a Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a Year

Difficult to believe it has been One Year since we received the call of my daughter's Passing Away. It was around 2:15 am on Monday 09/06/2021 when we got the call. Every day is a struggle and it seems to be a daily struggle for me.
    I was sleeping yesterday morning and at 2:15 am I felt a hand on my left shoulder gentle shaking me. I opened my eyes and there was nobody there. I turned and looked at my wife who was sound asleep. And then I heard her voice. It was my daughter just saying "Dad." I was immediately awake. I got up. I got up, started some coffee and went to the front porch; right where I went a year ago. She and I had a 2 hour conversation and I felt a Calm ALL OVER my body. It was very pleasant. It was me talking and her listening. Not a person there just me talking to her. I felt her reassurance that everything is good and she misses us as much as we miss her.

To those that have lost a child, how do you deal with it daily? This has to be the most difficult struggle I have ever had. I there to stay strong and positive, but then out of no where it hits me and the flood gates open WIDE.
    I know it will always be this way, I am just curious as to how other deal with the daily struggle.

I miss my daughter terribly, and I hope that my daily actions continue to make her Proud to call me Dad.

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
    I miss my daughter terribly, and I hope that my daily actions continue to make her Proud to call me Dad.
    I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you.
    I haven't lost a child so I have no words to comfort you in that regard. However, the words you spoke that I quoted above would be what I would try to do as well.
    I'll say a prayer for you today.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I cannot even begin to imagine what you must go through on a daily basis. My heart goes out to you and your wife and will be lifting you both in prayer throughout the day today. So incredibly sorry for your loss.

Comment

My greatest fear you live daily. Cannot even begin to imagine the pain.

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers for you and your family

Comment

I have a cousin who lost her first born daughter just over a year ago. She was only 20 and died in a vehicle accident. One night recently she had the most realistic dream she’s ever had. Her daughter came to her in the dream. They were able to talk and visit. The daughter reassured her she was ok and happy. My cousin felt so much relief from having that time with her daughter in this dream. She still struggles everyday with the loss. There are no words......I’m sorry you’re going to this.

I hope I never experience what you’re dealing with. Sadly, there’s many TBH’ers who have.

Trust in God. I believe He has your daughter and if you believe then you will see her again.

Comment

I cant imagine.......really cant even begin to imagine

Comment

My parents are still going through it as well since my brother unexpectedly passed 2 years ago, and I still don't know what to say or what to do to try and help them. All I can offer you is my prayers and I'm sorry that you're going through it... your situation is my greatest fear by far. Prayers for you and your family

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for peace and comfort sir. I have not paid the price that you have and can’t imagine your pain. But if I may suggest that you keep talking to your daughter if it helps. My dad has been gone for over 46 years and we still talk. It works for me.

Comment

I cant imagine!
                    Prayers for ya buddy and keep doing what your doing.
                    Talking about it and writing about it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Prayers for peace

Comment

Thanks everyone. I wish this on No One. I thought the unexpected loss of my dad in 1999 was difficult, but this is More than one can put into words.
                        I talk daily with both my Dad and my Daughter. There are stories that always revolve around them, life experiences/memories relived, and daily actions that take place that always make me think of each of them.
                        I will continue to share her life with any and every one that will listen. This is one of the ways I cope with it.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

I can't offer you anything but my prayers, and you have them. I am so sorry for your loss and struggle.

Comment

Wow.....deep stuff sir. I got nothing but love for you and the wife. We only have one child and I could not even imagine loosing her...........but it always a fear i harbor. Coping mechanisms can be fickled things but I gotta think you are right on task.....keep doing it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X