Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

davie crocket nationl forest ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

davie crocket nationl forest ???????????

ok

anyone hunt the genrel hunting part of DCNF?

no permit requied , but i just talked to the game and wild life

they said the doe permits you enter to wind or draw , is only good for managed part of the forest, you have to have the 48 dollar permit to use the doe permits

other wise the genrel hunting is left to the county laws, well does anyone know what the county laws are ?

this is cut and past off the site
    can some one tell me if we can shoot does with out a permit its just a bit confuesing couse it says permit , but the woman told me the permits are not good for genrel hunting

Upcoming Texas Hunting Seasons for Trinity County
    (County seat: Groveton)
    Back to County List

Note: Please read the Advisories and notes on the previous page.

White-tailed Deer
    Special Antler Restrictions

Archery Only: October 2-November 5, 2010. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
    Bag Limit: 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
    General Season: November 6, 2010-January 2, 2011. On United States Forest Service, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. On other tracts of land, antlerless deer may be taken without permits from opening day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day (November 6-28, 2010). From the Monday following Thanksgiving Day until the end of the season, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLDP permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.
    Special Youth-Only Season: Early open season: October 30-31, 2010. Late open season: January 3-16, 2011.

Bag limits, provision for the take of antlerless deer, and special requirements of the county, shall be as specified for the first 2 days of the general open season.

Licensed hunters 16 years of age or younger may hunt deer by any lawful means during this season.

Muzzleloader-Only Open Season: January 3-16, 2011. Bag Limit: As specified for the general open season. All restrictions established for the take of buck deer during the general open season remain in effect.

No permit required for the take of antlerless deer, except on properties for which MLD permits have been issued.

Squirrel:
    Open Season: October 1, 2010-February 6, 2011 and May 1-31. Daily Bag Limit: 10.

Special youth-only season: September 25-26, 2010.

Turkey
    The annual bag limit for Rio Grande and Eastern turkey, in the aggregate for all counties, is four (4), no more than one of which may be an Eastern turkey. For counties that have an Eastern Turkey spring season, there is no fall season.

Spring:
    Eastern Turkey: Open season: April 1-30, 2011. Bag limit (both species): One gobbler.

means limited to shotgun, lawful archery equipment, and crossbows
    it is unlawful for any person to take or attempt to take turkeys by the aid of baiting, or on or over a baited area, and
    all turkeys harvested during the open season must be registered at designated check stations within 24 hours of the time of kill. Harvested turkeys may be field dressed, but must otherwise remain intact.
    Quail:
    Statewide: Open season: October 30, 2010-February 27, 2011. Daily bag limit: 15 Possession limit: 45

Dove:
    Central Zone
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to County List

General Season: November 6, 2010-January 2, 2011. On United States Forest Service, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. On other tracts of land, antlerless deer may be taken without permits from opening day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day (November 6-28, 2010). From the Monday following Thanksgiving Day until the end of the season, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLDP permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.

this is the part i amquestioning
    it says

"On United States Forest Service, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only"

is that the managed land that you have to have the 48 dollar permit ? or all the forest?

"On other tracts of land, antlerless deer may be taken without permits from opening day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day (November 6-28, 2010)"

is this the secton of genrel hunting in the forest ? so i can take does with out permit untill the sunday after thanksgiving day ?

Comment

I have it as (for Trinity Co.), from 10/2 to 11/5 you can take a doe in the NF without a permit. From then on (11/6 to the end of season), you need a permit to take does, on public land. Private property, such as a deer lease or personal property they're fair game during the general season until 11/28.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Watch your county lines. One county has one bag limit the other has a different one (N/S sections). Then the one to the far East (Alabama WMA???) has a whole other set of rules. Most of which overlap. Either way, you hav eot have your PHP.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning that. I was going to say that the DCNF covers a few counties.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Call them and ask when the doe permit applications start this year.

Davy Crockett National Forest
              (936) 655-2299
              Last edited by Froggy; 07-21-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I hunt there every year along with Sabine National forest. Last year I could not get doe tags for Sabine, but I called down to Davy Crockett and got three right over the phone for me and my two buds. They were mailed right to our door within 4 days of asking for them. It was awesome. We all got our does on the first hunt!!!

Comment

nice ill call for sure!

thanks guys

Comment

During the "Archery Only Season" you do not need doe tags. Doe tags, which you apply for, are needed during the "General Season", weather you hunt with a bow or gun.
                    You do not need a permit, just a hunting license and (archery stamp if bow hunting in archery only season) to hunt in DCNF unless you hunt the TPWL area in Trinity County.
                    You have to camp in the designated camping area's.
                    You are required to wear hunter orange vest and hat.

Comment

land any good there

Comment

Originally posted by got em' View Post
                        land any good there

Yeah.

br

Comment

We grew up hunting DCNF

on the southside by groverton and my dad always put in for doe tags

Any how don't have a lease now so I was going to start hunting it again

take my son

Thanks

Comment

Got my first bow kill there when I was 16 years old!

Comment

My cabin is just off the north boundary of Davy Crockett in Houston co.

Comment

Working...
                              X