X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I don't know why they don't concrete the sidewalks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Your trying to drum up business and hunt at the same time. LOL. I like that.

Comment

This is just an example of government waste and one hand not knowing what the other is doing. Mismanagement rules in government. There are many thousands of tons of asphalt millings sitting around in hundreds of places on state rights of way with weeds growing up in them. All of these millings could be sold to contractors and all it would take would be a ticket writer to keep up with the loads. This money could be directed to anywhere they wanted but they would rather raise our taxes and **** the money off on whatever suits them. Ever see a state crew do a good job. Nope ! Ever see one where half of them weren’t standing around like mannequins ? Nope ! I’m with the OP, the trails, roads, and campsites should be mowed. I don’t hunt public, but we pay enough in taxes that would pay for the upkeep if the state had a little more common sense and a little less money.

Comment

At least you got to widdle with your son.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          Your trying to drum up business and hunt at the same time. LOL. I like that.
          [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to take a kid to walk on a nice trail, go to your local city park.

If you’re hunting, that looks perfect.

Comment

Somebody must have got chiggers

If I was trying to kill a squirrel I would not be on a trail but in the woods

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Somebody must have got chiggers

If I was trying to kill a squirrel I would not be on a trail but in the woods
                na just wet from the waste down from wet grass.

when using a 22 on public land I try to get away from everyone else. fastest way to do that is to walk the trails half mile or so then cut into woods.

I guess I'm just a big ol pansy. I wouldn't complain if it were free to hunt. But we pay to hunt (APH permit) and they have the equipment to mow and the job description for workers includes mowing. If they ain't mowing and maintaining the trails by removing fallen trees, what exactly do they do 40 hrs a week all year?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

No place I have ever squirrel hunted was there a mowed path, unless it was on the edge of a clearcut.
                  I get what you are saying about the WMA, but, its a wild place with wild animals, not a park. TPWD doesnt make it easy to hunt WMAs

Comment

Can’t speak for WMAs, but I did intern a summer at a Texas state park in college. We had several maintenance techs, interns, park hosts, volunteers, and community service workers daily running weed eaters and zero turns to even remotely keep up with grass growth across the park. Several of us were always pulled off mowing to fix pipe breaks, chip fallen trees, etc. I imagine WMAs are generally kept in a more natural state than parks, but likely average 20X larger in acreage, total miles of trails to mow, etc.

Comment

You wanna really complain, try the feds. At least TPWD puts forth the effort sometimes haha

Comment

I don’t ever see any food plots or timber thinning or any improvement on WMA’s.
                        They take money in but not much goes back into the WMAs
                        Last time I hunted Richland Creek they had mowed some of the rows but that has been almost 10 years ago. Haven’t been there lately

Comment

Looks like a bonus to me. It's the places with worn paths that turn me off

Comment

I watched three WMA employees change one light bulb. It involved a table and a chair. I asked them, “How many WMA employees does it take to change a light bulb?” From their response I decided it was time for me to exit stage left.

Comment

There is a WMA across the road from my place. There isn’t much activity that occurs on it. They do good to keep the roads passable for whatever reason. Since the “old” Texas Forest service disappeared many years ago the forests have gone to hell and a hand basket imo.

Comment

It will only get worse. Just enjoy what we have left. It will never be like the good ol days again.

Comment

Working...
                                X