Best Light Weight Cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Light Weight Cooler?

Has anyone bought a non-rotomolded cooler, in the last couple years, that actually holds ice? Something in the 48-60 qrt size.

I got one of these and it's junk.

Webstraunt supply put out one that I use and like- CaterGator is what it’s called

Comment

I have a Yeti, But I wanted a lighter cheaper cooler somewhere in the 40 size. I bought a Cheapo, and that's what it is, a cheapo. I don't hold him too accountable either. Just keep my stuff cold for a day or less. And that's all.

Comment

My daughter bought me one of these.
        It’s not built as well as my Pelicans or yetis, but I find myself grabbing it more than the other 2 because of its weight.

Comment

These are my go-tos when I don't feel like hauling the yetis. Used to be able to snag them for $35ish when they'd do the yearly sale at the plant in Katy

This website is for sale! grindopscoffeeco.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, grindopscoffeeco.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

RTIC had a light weight 52 qt I have been happy with.

Comment

TBH had some soft sided coolers at one time. I got one. And it works great. But I don't use it as often as I should. I keep forgetting about it. Cause I got like 9 other coolers.

Comment

Academy sells the igloo bmx series and walmart has a cheaper similar igloo. They hold ice much better than a cheapy but don't pop a disc like a rotomolded one. Ive got the walmart one and its held up as a knockaround/boat cooler just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  These are my go-tos when I don't feel like hauling the yetis. Used to be able to snag them for $35ish when they'd do the yearly sale at the plant in Katy

https://www.grindopscoffeeco.us/prod...49-0-0-0-0-0-0
                  All a matter of what you are using it for. I have one of those and it’s fine for my purposes - I just don’t need a 5 day cooler. Well constructed with stainless hinges/latch and braided wire lid keepers. Of course it’s not gonna keep ice like a roto-molded but I have not regretted buying it. I guess it’s biggest test was on a drive back from a fishing trip - Baffin to Fort Worth in a truck bed and it did great with very little melting.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                    RTIC had a light weight 52 qt I have been happy with.

https://rticoutdoors.com/Ultra-Light...hoCuWkQAvD_BwE
                    This^^^^I just purchased a red, white, and blue 52 qt light weight dent and scratch model. Nothing wrong with it except it was out of the box. It is way lighter than the 45 RTIC I have and it was less expensive than a new smaller model.

Comment

I have a Coleman Extreme that holds ice just as good as my RTIC and my Yeti rotomolded coolers, at a fraction of the price.

Comment

Ice is a lot cheaper than those high dollar coolers. I had an old igloo and drilled holes in the sides and filled with spray foam until it was full. Works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          I have a Coleman Extreme that holds ice just as good as my RTIC and my Yeti rotomolded coolers, at a fraction of the price.
                          They are hard to beat for the money, and perform very well!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            Yes, but they don’t last for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Yes, but they don’t last for ****.
                              I have one going on 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X