No announcement yet.

That was... Brutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as of 10 minutes ago she hasn't lost any of her contacts and game progress nor been locked out of her phone.

I was thinking after I started this thread last night.
    Could I have just logged into her icloud account via a web browser to cancel the subscription?
    Or would I need to log into her iTunes via a web browser?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      I fixed your statement. No charge.

Especially in this situation. When a person doesn’t know how to get to settings on a phone, the brand doesn’t matter. My wife had a Samsung for about 6 years and still couldn’t find settings. That is operator error, not operating system.
      Nailed it!

Same with the people who shouldn't have kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        How in the world anyone can think an iPhone is complicated is beyond me. They are ridiculously simple.

And to say their support sucks is a joke is also laughable. Let me know where the nearest Android store is that you can walk into and actually talk to someone face to face that actually know about the product and how to fix it. I’ll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        It is straw man arguments.

Many times I see Android users claim that the iPhones are only popular because they are so easy to use but they don’t have enough tweaks.

Comment

It is great you can go to any Apple store and get face to face help with the genius bar folk. Out of five trips the only helpful hints I've gotten are to "buy a new one", but at least I can eye roll a human.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Everything is hard on an I phone IMO. Even a simple dropped pin or "air dropping" pics and videos. If it's not to another I product it's not gonna happen.
            I wouldn't own one.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
            It's really not.

How do you tie your shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              It is great you can go to any Apple store and get face to face help with the genius bar folk. Out of five trips the only helpful hints I've gotten are to "buy a new one", but at least I can eye roll a human.
              I go to my ATT store half a mile from my house. They know infinitely more than an iPhone salesman. When not buying anything, they show you what icon or settings to use.

When I wanted to know what was the best four barrel carb when working on my Ford 352 engine, I didn’t go to a Ford dealership and ask a salesman.

I started to suggest that to Pushbutton2. Can she go to the carrier store and see if they can help. I know my ATT store does.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                It's really not.

Hahaha…. no kidding.

If a person likes the zoom on a Samsung (which is great), by all means get it if that is what you want as a key factor. If a person wants to be able to tweak widgets easier on an Android and that is his main factor in a phone, go for it.

But if you can’t operate an iPhone…….

Comment

I go to my ATT store half a mile from my house. They know infinitely more than an iPhone salesman. When not buying anything, they show you what icon or settings to use.

When I wanted to know what was the best four barrel carb when working on my Ford 352 engine, I didn’t go to a Ford dealership and ask a salesman.

I started to suggest that to Pushbutton2. Can she go to the carrier store and see if they can help. I know my ATT store does.
                  If you're saying the Apple help desk, and car salesman are the same, we agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    It's really not.

No doubt. My kids and 85+ year old parents can use their IPhones like Steve Jobs gave them personal tutorials in the day. I am not particularly tech savvy myself, but there is nothing easier than using an iPhone or Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post

My experience has been completely opposite from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm bored it's cold and Windy today.

We are both in Iowa now.

In February we got her a new phone. The 14Plus.

I'd spent a few minutes messing with her old phone before we upgraded to the new one. To familiarize myself with ios.

When we got home we charged the new one to 100%. I was sitting and my desk on my PC and watched a couple youtube videos on switching from old to new phone. I think I downloaded an app and clicked yes on a couple of items entered her username and such and maybe 5 minutes later her new phone beeped saying migration was complete.

I used her phone to call my cell number and my phone rang. She checked her candy saga crush level and scores. They were the same.as her old phone. So she was happy.

All in all it wasn't a bad experience. I did have a couple bummer moments when trying to setup the App with her new work email. I couldn't do it through the app had to go into the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          Around Christmas my mife wanted to watch Horse TV. It's a subscription on iTunes. I got on her iTunes on her phone and set it up.

Today she says cancel it. They haven't our any new content on it in months. I'm like ok.

I tell her it'll likely be easier for her to do it from her iphone, since I'm in Iowa. She has no clue what I'm talking about. [emoji20] That was @ 7. Finally got it done maybe hopefully. 1.5 hours later

I tried walking her through the steps. BTW I'm an Android user. She was lost couldn't find her settings when she did she couldn't figure out how to select her name. Wanted to know what she was supposed to click on it with. I was like nothing just touch your name. She was like with what. After another 20 minutes of that I hung up.
                          Signed out of my iPad and tried to login using her info. She didn't know her password, I know what I set it too in February. That wasn't it... So I finally guessed correctly. Unsubscribed and went to log out of her and back in with me. Well that password was different than the other one. 2-Factor Authentication is turned on for her account. So I think I got it handled. Apple says she has a 6 digit passcode on her phone. She says no I don't. I couldn't solve that.
                          So I'm hoping the don't reset her end to end encryption on her account and she looses everything.
                          I was thinking about going back to Apple. I've reconsidered. I'm definitely not.

Am I the only one who's wife has issues like this?

I cancelled 3 subscriptions on playstore. Took me like 3 minutes.....
                          Nvm

Comment

I fixed your statement. No charge.

Especially in this situation. When a person doesn’t know how to get to settings on a phone, the brand doesn’t matter. My wife had a Samsung for about 6 years and still couldn’t find settings. That is operator error, not operating system.
                            I agree, I have very little trouble with Apple products (except that I don’t always like their updates) I’m old and don’t like change for the sake of change. I cannot navigate my wife’s phone, and don’t even try. She can’t navigate mine either, but to me it’s simple. It’s what you are used to.

Comment

I have a android personal phone and a iPhone for work. The android is just a easier platform. Now security and solid hardware award goes to Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Exactly....
                                But, if that were the case, could you still yell at the clouds? Is that the point?

Even for a 6-month posting?

Comment

Working...
                                X