Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    PM @Bowhuntr64

He has a wealth of knowledge on broadheads.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Wensel Woodsman’s are my go tooo

Comment

Why the single bevel? Almost every trad guy I know who kills lots of critters has moved to WIDE 2 blades, or 3 blades, or 4 blades. More blood on the ground, and it really doesn't effect penetration nearly as much as the Ashby studies make it sound. Maybe if you're shooting rhinos.

I have it on good info that DRT has killed several pigs with a rage hypo out of his recurve. Long story, short... a well tuned arrow will jam a 3 or 4 blade through a whitetail no problem.

Personally I migrate back and forth between Iron Will Wides, and VPA 3 blades on my trad bows, with an occasional magnus 4 blade stinger or black hornet in the quiver, just to mix things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
          Why the single bevel?
          Figured they would be easier to sharpen. Really the only reason.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
              Figured they would be easier to sharpen. Really the only reason.
              Now THAT is a good reason to use a single bevel.

Or you can get some DMT diamond stones and a lansky sharpening jig.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                More blood on the ground, and it really doesn't effect penetration nearly as much as the Ashby studies make it sound. Maybe if you're shooting rhinos.

To hear him and ranch fairy tell it if you don't use a heavy two blade the arrow is gonna bounce off the hide of anything larger than a jackrabbit.

Ive shot thru too many animals with a 3 blade over the top expandable to buy into this b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  I shoot kudus, they are great penetrating head. I’ve had a ton of success with them the last 4 years. Don’t expect a huge blood trail though
                  I liked the kudus but agree on the limited blood trail and they are also difficult (for me) to sharpen.

Comment

For the price, variety of weights, both glue on and screw in, single or double bevel, and ease of sharpening 2 blades from Grizzly are the best I have found. That said I usually shoot a 3blade woodsman. I have never had penetration issues and I prefer a hole vs a slit.

Comment

I’ve had real good results from Magnus ser razor. Killed lots of pigs and they are fairly easy to resharpen.

Comment

I sure like tooth of the arrow broadheads

Comment

Look at RMS
                          They’re lifetime guaranteed also and hold an edge but the steel is so tough that sharpening is a chore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                            Sorry, I’m new to the trad game. Need to take you up on that though as I have a ton of questions. But These will be spin on 125 grain on gold tip traditionals 500 spine. Prefer a solid single bevel. Bow is a black river archery hybrid 47 pounds at 28”. Actually got it here on TBH. Thanks good luck to you and everyone else as well!
                            Look at 3Rivers and Lancaster. They will have exactly what you described.

Choose from the largest selection of Fixed Blade Broadheads at Lancaster Archery Supply. Modern Aerodynamic Fixed Blade Broadheads fly accurately from a tuned bow and are the ultimate in giving complete penetration with deadly results on any big game animal.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used Wensel Woodsmans 3-blades for years with trad and compound. Some find the 3-blade are easier to sharpen. You do not need to worry about keeping the sharpening angle consistent, just two blades flat to the stone or file. Tune your arrows properly and get some weight up front and they will fly great.

Comment

Slick Tricks

Comment

Working...
                                X