No announcement yet.

East Texas Hunters Need To Know List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I do not hunt the fence line then who will. they are cool with it... just do not talk to them if you see them..

Comment

I’m not from this area originally but everything I’ve heard from people about east tx before is definitely true. I can’t wait to leave the day I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
        I’m not from this area originally but everything I’ve heard from people about east tx before is definitely true. I can’t wait to leave the day I got here.
        Dang man. This was meant to be fun and you made it personal

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          They have 37 members on 2000 acres of timber lease ….because it hunts larger than 2000 acres of Hill country or SoTx.. … not because it drives the annual lease fee down. [emoji41]
          Too many 0's. I was on a lease that had about 30 people on it, but it was just under 200 acres. $75 a year about 10-15 years ago. Most of the people were part of a family, and they used the lease for opening weekend of squirrel season to have their family reunion. Wouldn't see anyone after that, so it wasn't really too bad.

Comment

Posting East Texas Deer Lease Available:

I am posting an opening on our deer lease for your consideration. All replies will be answered in the order replied to ad.

250 acres of heavy pine timber that has been hunted very little prior to our club taking over. Well managed for 1 1/2 years with several legal bucks seen by several members. We are a very management minded group that has hunted together for years and looking for one more like minded hunter.

There are 10 members in our club and each hunter has room to put up 2 stands. Each member is responsible for his own area and no one hunts your stand except you, your family and friends. Guests shoot off of your tags unless you are out then they can use theirs. You will be required to keep 2 protein feeders going year round and will need feed pens as there are approximately 100 head of cattle and 53 goats to keep the under brush down. There is no camp or electric or water available so primitive camping is allowed at the front gate.

You are allowed 1 trophy buck at least 3 1/2 years old or 13” wide.
            You are allowed 1 management buck with no less than 3 points and no more than 5 points
            No age restrictions on management bucks
            You are allowed 2 does per membership but must not be supporting fawns at the time.

Last years harvest consisted of :
            1 trophy 7 point w/ B/C score of 68 inches
            9 management bucks from 3 -5 points with an average age of 1 1/2 years
            17 does with an average age of…. Well we just don’t know.

All in all it was a good year but deer sightings have been a little scarce this year but we expect that to change by the beginning of the season. All small neighbors which is good and minimizes hunting pressure.

Membership is $2800 per hunter with a $500 dollar initiation fee that will be applied to the beer fund for the first week. No 4 wheelers are allowed all other vehicles including dirt bikes are fine. 1/2 of membership fees are due immediately with balance due the following week.

This will be first come first served and can show the week after membership fees have been paid in full.

Please only serious trophy minded hunters apply. Thankyou

If no response by 10:30 am it’s going to the classifieds.
            Last edited by Gumbo Man; 08-19-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
              Have you tried embracing the culture? Once you do it becomes a lot more enjoyable. Besides the whole kissing your sister thing, but hey don't knock it till you try it right.

Comment

Everything said here is true. Plus, there are no more deer in East Texas.
                Y’all just stay out in west Texas, the hill country and south Texas.

Comment

Never underestimate the range of a .22 mag!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dogs don’t know a fence line

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      Posting East Texas Deer Lease Available:

I am posting an opening on our deer lease for your consideration. All replies will be answered in the order replied to ad.

250 acres of heavy pine timber that has been hunted very little prior to our club taking over. Well managed for 1 1/2 years with several legal bucks seen by several members. We are a very management minded group that has hunted together for years and looking for one more like minded hunter.

There are 10 members in our club and each hunter has room to put up 2 stands. Each member is responsible for his own area and no one hunts your stand except you, your family and friends. Guests shoot off of your tags unless you are out then they can use theirs. You will be required to keep 2 protein feeders going year round and will need feed pens as there are approximately 100 head of cattle and 53 goats to keep the under brush down. There is no camp or electric or water available so primitive camping is allowed at the front gate.

You are allowed 1 trophy buck at least 3 1/2 years old or 13” wide.
                      You are allowed 1 management buck with no less than 3 points and no more than 5 points
                      No age restrictions on management bucks
                      You are allowed 2 does per membership but must not be supporting fawns at the time.

Last years harvest consisted of :
                      1 trophy 7 point w/ B/C score of 68 inches
                      9 management bucks from 3 -5 points with an average age of 1 1/2 years
                      17 does with an average age of…. Well we just don’t know.

All in all it was a good year but deer sightings have been a little scarce this year but we expect that to change by the beginning of the season. All small neighbors which is good and minimizes hunting pressure.

Membership is $2800 per hunter with a $500 dollar initiation fee that will be applied to the beer fund for the first week. No 4 wheelers are allowed all other vehicles including dirt bikes are fine. 1/2 of membership fees are due immediately with balance due the following week.

This will be first come first served and can show the week after membership fees have been paid in full.

Please only serious trophy minded hunters apply. Thankyou

If no response by 10:30 am it’s going to the classifieds.

Take my money !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jordan View Post
                        Have you tried embracing the culture? Once you do it becomes a lot more enjoyable. Besides the whole kissing your sister thing, but hey don't knock it till you try it right.
                        why drive across town when you can walk across the hall!

Comment

Walmart will gladly replace your license after you use all your tags......I mean lose your wallet and haven't killed any deer yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            My great great uncle's second cousin's aunt used to own this land, so I have the right to hunt it.
                            It’s like that in Ohio, too! I’ve heard that it was in someone’s Will for their ancestors to hunt the land!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Walmart is open all night in case you get one down and need a license.
                              Walmarts are for field dressing them! Just leave the guts in a buggy! After a long night of hunting be sure and shut your light off so it doesn't burn up the floorboard of the truck!

Comment

Originally posted by jordan View Post

If I wanted to embrace the culture I have relatives in Louisiana that I could hangout with.

Comment

Working...
                                X