No announcement yet.

New OSHA Mandate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather be out of a job than have heart attacks or blood clot issues from getting the shot. I've survived COVID once or twice, I'm not risking it to keep working for the man, il do whatever I gotta do to make it. I don't have kids to worrie about either tho. Until they can prove it does more good than harm I'm not doing it for any amount of $ for a job.

Comment

Didn't know this what part of the plan, not sure how they will keep up with demand and what this will do to insurance costs....
      The Biden administration says Americans will be able to order COVID-19 tests online starting Wednesday. Those who are eligible can get eight free over-the-counter at-home tests a month.

Comment

I will walk away if I am forced to get it! And my wife and 2 kids are on my insurance at work and my wife is not really working now with the 2 smaller kids

Stand up for what you believe in!

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
          Didn't know this what part of the plan, not sure how they will keep up with demand and what this will do to insurance costs....
          https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ts-white-house
          The more mandates the gov. puts on insurance companies the more the policy cost the individual. If the government would get out of the insurance business a good policy might be affordable again

Comment

If you aren't willing to lose some skin and get a little dirty then we have already lost the fight.

Comment

My job let us know yesterday evening we are supposed to get the vaccine or show a negative test result weekly at our expense. We are usw so hopefully there will be more info as we are supposed to have a meeting tonight. This is a crazy world we live in.

Comment

I think my company is supposed to let us know something this week. Everybody on my crew won’t be getting a shot and ready to walk off along with other guys on the other crews. Heard they may not push it being they won’t have the people to keep the plant running. There’s always something major that breaks down and we take care of it. If Luminant decides to mandate it, then they can fix their own equipment!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                  My job let us know yesterday evening we are supposed to get the vaccine or show a negative test result weekly at our expense. We are usw so hopefully there will be more info as we are supposed to have a meeting tonight. This is a crazy world we live in.
                  If your company requires the test, the cost is on them. Check with USW leadership for more help.
                  Similar to a drug/alcohol test.

Comment

We had hoped to the Supreme Court would strike down the Emergency TEMPORARY standard. Unfortunately without a ruling by the supreme court we had to implement the proof of vaccination requirement effective yesterday. This is a no win situation for employers. If you don't implement the ETS requirements you face penalties of up to $136K per violation. By implementing the ETS requirements you run the risk of pi**ing off a large portion of your workforce. The whole situation sucks.

The fact that the "science" associated with COVID is always changing, only adds to the frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      That shot has killed a lot of folks and injured a lot more. You take it because you think you have no choice then it’s on you.
                      https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...mes-joe-biden/
                      Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                      I'd rather be out of a job than have heart attacks or blood clot issues from getting the shot. I've survived COVID once or twice, I'm not risking it to keep working for the man, il do whatever I gotta do to make it. I don't have kids to worrie about either tho. Until they can prove it does more good than harm I'm not doing it for any amount of $ for a job.
                      Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      I will walk away if I am forced to get it! And my wife and 2 kids are on my insurance at work and my wife is not really working now with the 2 smaller kids

Stand up for what you believe in!
                      Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                      If you aren't willing to lose some skin and get a little dirty then we have already lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                        If your company requires the test, the cost is on them. Check with USW leadership for more help.
                        Similar to a drug/alcohol test.
                        This is false the ruling specifically states the responsibility is on the employee, not the employer for testing. That being said supposedly starting January 15th all insurance providers will be required to pay/ reimburse for x amount of tests a month per individual

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post

The fact that the "science" associated with COVID is always changing, only adds to the frustration.
                          Science went out with the bath water about the "2 weeks to flatten the curve" mark

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post

What gets me is the number of people who have caved in and took it. They talked tough when it all started but now that it comes down to giving up luxuries like Xbox,WiFi and going on a cruise they fold. And several of those people have been the “tough guys” wearing the grunt style t shirts and have the stickers to match on there trucks..

Comment

OSHA complaints can be filed anonymously. Inundating OSHA with non-Covid complaints about workplace violations is a way to pushback. Workers cannot be disciplined for filing a complaint. Flood OSHA with complaints! The OSHA reg book is an inch and a half thick. Virtually no employer with over 100 employees is in complete compliance with every single regulation. Just a thought on a way to push back.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                                What gets me is the number of people who have caved in and took it. They talked tough when it all started but now that it comes down to giving up luxuries like Xbox,WiFi and going on a cruise they fold. And several of those people have been the “tough guys” wearing the grunt style t shirts and have the stickers to match on there trucks..
                                The "I will not be inconvenienced" movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X