Questions about braided fishing line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
    I recently went to braid and I totally agree!
    Braid takes some getting use to

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Yep, its terrible that it is stronger, more sensitive, longer lasting and is easier to pick out in the case of a backlash!
      Trash I tell ya! Pure trash! And I don't backlash so really not sure what you're talking about

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

30lb power pro and a fresh croaker is all ya need!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Yep, its terrible that it is stronger, more sensitive, longer lasting and is easier to pick out in the case of a backlash!
          Backlashes are for novices. I have professional overruns every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            Backlashes are for novices. I have professional overruns every once in a while.
            Professional overrun...I like that. Will be using that one most likely the next time we hit the water.

Comment

He just dropped it off to ship back. If you guys have links to where he can buy some 80-100# good braid please post them up

Comment

Blood knots r best

Comment

Power Pro is good braid. I've used it for over 20 years now on my baitcasters and I haven't ever had an issue with it. I'd give 'em the chance to check it and make it right if you feel that the line has an issue.

I have never gotten a bad batch of Power Pro but I have had that happen with Fins. I got some that would just break off during the cast or on fish. Not at the knot either. Most of the spools of Fins I bought were great.

Suffix is good line too.

Comment

We sent it back. It was two separate spools #50 and #65 We tested until 11pm last night and again this morning. I'm 100% sure the #65 was bad as it wouldn't hold up 42# of weight (didn't try lighter) The 50# we tested a few times last night and it seemed weak but did not retest this morning. Still 90% sure it was bad as well.

I actually have some of the 50# still here since we started spooling one reel with it. I'll try to test it again this evening. See if I can get it to pick up #30 of weight.

Since I don't have any other braid to compare against I'm not sure. Maybe they labeled batches wrong and it's really #30 and #40 test spools LOL That's all I can think.

Comment

There’s a lot of counterfeit braid out there. Mainly on eBay but could be on Amazon too. I’d make sure you have the actual manufacturer of the braided like and not some Chinese knock off.

Especially since you say it’s not failing at the knot. I’ve used braid almost exclusively except for large trolling reels for years and wouldn’t go back to mono for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        A lot of people say power pro is good stuff but I’ve personally had the most issues with it over any other brand. spiderwire is by far the best and most consistent I have used/use. Surprisingly the bass pro brand braid isn’t too bad, better than power pro in my experience.

Been my experience too... I have Spiderwire on reels that is 3 or more years old and hardly any clor left to it... I wear it to where the color is gone, then unspool it onto another reel, tie the faded end on my fishing reel and respool it so the colored end is visible again...
                        I did get a bad spool of spiderwire though that I ordered off Amazon... sent it back without issue.

Comment

So let us know where to buy #100 braid. We need to order again ASAP He wants to try these reels out in 2 weeks or so.

Comment

Working...
                          X