Sightmark Wraith Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sightmark Wraith Question

Mounted my Wraith on a Ruger American using a 0.5" high picatinny rail extender someone on the Green screen recommended off Amazon. Mounts great but tried sighting it in today and it's shooting about 2" low at 25 yards and I've bottomed out on lowering the crosshair.

I know you want to be a little low at 25 to be close to on at 100 but not 2" low.

Any advice?

2” sounds about right to me but I wouldn’t want my scope bottomed out there. It’s not a 20 MOA rail is it ?

Comment

I shot my wraith today after mounting it in my 300blk. I used the mount it came with.. I did notice when you sight it (haven’t had to zero the scope in a while) in with the one shot zero.. say you hit on the bottom of the target and you were aiming at center.. when moving the red X down to the point of impact.. once you get to the bottom of the screen the whole picture shifts and resets your X to allow more room to travel lower for correction... ( if that makes any sense) When hitting the down button, was it not moving the X anymore or just at the bottom of the screen?? If it was at the bottom of the screen you may of had some more room to adjust

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
        Mounted my Wraith on a Ruger American using a 0.5" high picatinny rail extender someone on the Green screen recommended off Amazon. Mounts great but tried sighting it in today and it's shooting about 2" low at 25 yards and I've bottomed out on lowering the crosshair.

I know you want to be a little low at 25 to be close to on at 100 but not 2" low.

Any advice?
        Not sure on what to do other than can you move the scope forward? That may get you a little more "drop". With that said, using a Wraith have you thought about a reticle for 20 yards and a reticle for 100 yards since you can have up to 5? Then you don't have to "guess" on how high or low you are at 20 if sighted in at 100 yds or vice versa. That's what I did and haven't had any issues.

Comment

I ran into this myself on one of my guns with the Wraith. I did change the mount from the factory to an aftermarket quick release to make moving guns easier, and I didn't have the issue anymore. Can't say why it occurred, but it was unsettling to see the reticle way low in the viewfinder since they are not self-centering like most current scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
            I shot my wraith today after mounting it in my 300blk. I used the mount it came with.. I did notice when you sight it (haven’t had to zero the scope in a while) in with the one shot zero.. say you hit on the bottom of the target and you were aiming at center.. when moving the red X down to the point of impact.. once you get to the bottom of the screen the whole picture shifts and resets your X to allow more room to travel lower for correction... ( if that makes any sense) When hitting the down button, was it not moving the X anymore or just at the bottom of the screen?? If it was at the bottom of the screen you may of had some more room to adjust
            It stopped lowering at -185....not sure what my next step is but your thought seems to make sense.

Comment

Working...
            X