White bass 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I don't fish by the clicker. When it looks like more work in the cooler than I want. I quit

Pro tip....the fish is where you find them
    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I might add to your Pro tip: I usually find them in the water.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
      I need to get out in this warmer weather. When do you guys go? Earlier or mid morning best?

IMO, again just my opinion, whites tend to bite better early to mid morning then again in the later afternoons. Thats just been my experience. But i imagine they will bite just about all day. They are in the creeks to spawn and will feed heavily before spawning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

any recommendation on which jigs work good in creeks for those things?

Comment

Congrats Shane! Looks like fun!

Comment

Anyone ever fish up by the nature center on lake worth for whites?

Comment

It's about that time!

Comment

Originally posted by Cratus View Post

Just about anything that resembles a shad or some small finfish. Lots of people like using baby rat-l-traps or tiny crank baits, and some prefer small 2” paddle tails or curly tail grubs. Unless they are being finicky, more often than not, color isn’t really a factor. I catch them on solid white, solid chartreuse, black/pink tail, solid pink, pink/chartreuse, and silver paddle tails. Made by Mr.Crappie, “2 inch Slabalicious” on a 1/16 oz plain jighead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems early but I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
                    I need to get out in this warmer weather. When do you guys go? Earlier or mid morning best?
                    It was a holiday, I slept in and didnt get on the water till 9 and fished till about 230 when the sprinkles hit

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

yes. Ill add I seem to do better in hard bends in the creek/river especially if its sandy. I couldnt get to the spot I wanted to due to a log across the creek. Had I not been solo I would have tried to jump it but didnt want to try and fight the boat off alone

Originally posted by Cratus View Post
                    Anything really. I caught some on 1/4oz jigs and some on academy brand traps. I try and start with something cheap till I learn where the logs and snags are

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      In! Hopefully on them at Granger soon! Guessing Waco does not have enough water so the creeks and Bosque will be inaccessible by boat.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                      Nice haul Shane and others. Flex you are correct, a fish would have to take wings and fly or be able to swim like a flounder to get up in the Bosque's and or Creeks off Lake Waco.

Rwc

Comment

I got my personal best a week ago on the lake. 14 1/4" white out on the humps. Sadly that was the only fish when the sun came out for a few seconds.

Comment

Getting close to the time to start scooping the ditches for pinky size crawfish and make a run up the Sabine.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Read View Post
                            Getting close to the time to start scooping the ditches for pinky size crawfish and make a run up the Sabine.
                            This guy knows what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I don't fish by the clicker. When it looks like more work in the cooler than I want. I quit

Pro tip....the fish is where you find them
                              Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Nope. The fish aren't where you find them. You find them where they are...or is that the same thing....nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Thanks a lot Mike. Just give the secrets away to everybody...

Comment

Working...
                                X