No announcement yet.

Official 2022-2023 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, nice to meet some of yall and good to see some of yall again.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      We need to do this, 2023, or late season this year, do it again, and see if the Corp will let us have a campsite for a couple of hours for a potluck lunch. It’s a pain in the dark to meet and greet, what did we have12-15?

And late season is usually better, and cooler, so we don’t have to hear TG ***** and moan.

I counted 16 participants.

And thanks for bringing the soggy donuts. They were appreciated by all.

And late season would be awesome!
      I don't have a dog any more. So I hope to spend some time camping this year, when it's cooler out.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-03-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

It's always great to see old friends and new ones too. Razorback you left too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
          It's always great to see old friends and new ones too. Razorback you left too soon.

He probably got overheated and didn't want me to find out.

Comment

The bulk of us got back to the road 9:30-40.
            another meet up/ camp would be welcome as well in the cooler months ahead.

Comment

Sorry we missed you guys this morning. We got there about 6:20 and you had already walked in. We went east and didn't see but one bird on the sit but jumped 3 on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                Chino, was that you that waved at us as you were leaving? I was stand next to the red truck
                Yes, that was me.

Thanks TG for setting up this hunt!

I saw over 10, made 4 shot, but no bird.

I saw feathers flying though.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  We need to do this, 2023, or late season this year, do it again, and see if the Corp will let us have a campsite for a couple of hours for a potluck lunch. It’s a pain in the dark to meet and greet, what did we have12-15?

And late season is usually better, and cooler, so we don’t have to hear TG ***** and moan.
                  Nice to talking to you.

I will go for it!

Comment

You guys are missing out on a 68 degree morning temp
                    Here at Whitney.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                      You guys are missing out on a 68 degree morning temp
                      Here at Whitney.

I enjoyed it from the house. Had family business to take care of this morning. But got to enjoy the temps with a power walk before heading over there. It was 68 here also. But not now!

Comment

I didn't see any dove flying anywhere just saw them roosting in trees and powerlines .

Comment

I was out at B1 Dove hunting yesterday, but driving by H2 looks a little better for Dove. Could someone tell me is the entrance to the parking area just before that stupid 1 way bridge light? Or is it somewhere else. Thank you

Comment

Trying A8 in the morning. Work EMS Hillsboro so I am 10 min down the road when I get off. Wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by followurarrow84 View Post
                              I was out at B1 Dove hunting yesterday, but driving by H2 looks a little better for Dove. Could someone tell me is the entrance to the parking area just before that stupid 1 way bridge light? Or is it somewhere else. Thank you

Yes, before the light. And right at the end of the guardrail. There's a little road that runs beside the bridge that takes you down below it on the east side of 174. There are two gates at the bottom below the bridge. One is for H2. The other is for H1. Just don't get stuck down there. Turning around can be tight sometimes, pending how grown up it is down there. If cattle are being run on H2, the road down is usually pretty cleared. Some folks park on top on the side of the road going down in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Yes, before the light. And right at the end of the guardrail. There's a little road that runs beside the bridge that takes you down below it on the east side of 174. There are two gates at the bottom below the bridge. One is for H2. The other is for H1. Just don't get stuck down there. Turning around can be tight sometimes, pending how grown up it is down there. If cattle are being run on H2, the road down is usually pretty cleared. Some folks park on top on the side of the road going down in there.

It was very overgrown yesterday when I drove by it. I don’t think anyone had been down it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X