No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Blackland prairie-Navarro, Ellis, Freestone, Hill etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates? Finally got some good rain so hopefully ground softens up to start cutting dirt for food plots.

Comment

Yeah we got a lot of rain at our place too. I was able to mow before the rain, hoping to disc and plant in a few weeks.
      Bucks just now starting to show on cameras. Mostly does and pigs so far. Hoping for a good season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are southwest of NM lake and we didnt hardly get any rain at all. I think he said we got a little over an inch so far. I know the ground has been bone dry for some time at my cell cam feeder.

Comment

I have two bucks I have my eye on but the fun doesn't usually start until early october for me.

Comment

Over 9" if rain here. Finished up a 0.5 acre pond clean out as the rain started sunday afternoon. Every pond is overflowing, over 5ft rise in our 4 acre pond. I've never seen anything like it.

Bucks are in and out of feeders through the week. Does more consistent. Three fawns in one picture which is a first for us.

Comment

We have another great fawn crop

Comment

Made quick trip to ranch and we got almost another 2”, that’s a little over 4” in last 2-3 weeks. Everything is green, stock tank caught a little water but not as much as I figured. Ground was still soaking it up quick I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Made quick trip to ranch and we got almost another 2”, that’s a little over 4” in last 2-3 weeks. Everything is green, stock tank caught a little water but not as much as I figured. Ground was still soaking it up quick I guess.

Glad to hear it. I’m hoping to go down and check on my place next week. At least there will be some moisture in the ground before I put my plots in.
                  When are you planning on trying to plant?

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                    Glad to hear it. I’m hoping to go down and check on my place next week. At least there will be some moisture in the ground before I put my plots in.
                    When are you planning on trying to plant?

Im hoping in the next two weeks but I need to get my oklahoma place done first.

Comment

Just went down to the ranch. Can't hardly tell that it rained. Saw the resident doe herd drinking what's left in the tank.

Running an errand and dang near ran over 3 bucks near a feeder creek into RC! Don't have any cameras set yet but will probably fill feeder and turn on cameras next weekend.

Comment

Headed out Thursday to put some food plots in. I’d like to wait until we have some rain in the forecast but this is the only weekend I’ll have access to a tractor. Going to plant a wheat,oat,rye mix.

Anybody else putting plots in? If so what are you planting?

Comment

Yep, I brought my equipment back from Oklahoma yesterday so will try to start shredding and possibly drop a plow this week. Should still have some decent ground moisture to kick them off at my place. Will just have to pray for another shower.

Comment

Added a feeder pen with Asf feeder and two more cameras. Bought corn at tsc for $14.50 a bag! These deer are not gonna get much corn from me!

Saw 4 bucks with one being a really nice shooter. Lots of green grass popping up after the rains.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              Added a feeder pen with Asf feeder and two more cameras. Bought corn at tsc for $14.50 a bag! These deer are not gonna get much corn from me!

Saw 4 bucks with one being a really nice shooter. Lots of green grass popping up after the rains.
                              Last I checked if you go into Ennis, Buccee's still has corn for $10 per 50.

Comment

I only buy from Atwood’s or tractor supply if it’s an emergency. Check your Brookshires Ace Hardware and higginbotham. Some of them still have corn around $10 for 50.

Comment

Working...
                                X